⤷ 09| QUIDDITCH AND ARGUMENTS

chapter nine : Quidditch and arguments

☆ ☆ ☆

You know that feeling when you dreamt of someone and it felt so real that when you wake up, you have to assure yourself it was just a dream? Because surely, surely, Charlie hadn't looked at her like that in real life?

Juniper blinked and rubbed her eyes, still seeing a pair of brilliant blue eyes in her thoughts. The black haired noticed that someone had given her a blanket and folded it up before placing it next to the fireplace again.

Deciding a bit of fresh air would be the best way to get the sleep — and the blue eyes — out of her system, she walked into the backyard. However, she stopped in her tracks as the owner of those blue eyes sat onto the bench, reading what seemed to be Quidditch Through the Ages.

Getting the feeling someone was watching him, Charlie looked up and smiled at her.

"Had a good nap?"

Juniper grinned sheepishly, trying to hide her blush.

"I fell asleep in the middle of your story, didn't I?"

Charlie closed his book, laughing. "Yeah, you did."

Juniper sat down next to him, sighing. "I'm sorry, I was just very, very tired. It didn't mean that your stories were boring — they were not and I'd love to visit Romania sometimes," she rambled on, not wanting him to feel bad.

"Well, you are welcome at any time," Charlie said, grinning.

Juniper grinned. "At any time? So you don't mind me banging on your door at two in the morning?"

"I never say no to good company."

Charlie's eyes widened when he realized what he said and scratched his neck awkwardly. Was this the moment?

"Well, you are good company —" he began, but was interrupted by Fred and George who appeared on both sides of them.

"Well, Sleeping Beauty has finally woken up!" Fred exclaimed.

"And she took her time," George added, giving her a wink.

"Want to have a Quidditch match?" Fred asked, not seeming guilty in the slightest to have interrupted their conversation. "Bill, Ginny, Ron and Harry will play, too."

"Sure," June said before turning her head to look at Charlie. "Are you playing, too?"

Charlie, who was both irritated and relieved that his twin brothers had interrupted them, nodded.

"I'm going to get my broom real quick," June said, standing up and dashing towards Ginny room.

Five minutes later, the teams were chosen. Harry and Charlie would be the Seekers; Fred, George, Ginny and June were Chasers since they hadn't had a Bludger; and Bill and Ron were the Keepers.