⤷ 14| BEAUXBATONS AND DURMSTRANG

chapter fourteen : Beauxbatons and Durmstrang

☆ ☆ ☆

"June, guess what?" Liam said, running up at her. She and her friends had been sitting down at the Gryffindor table eating lunch.

Juniper gazed at him in amusement. "What?"

"I got into the team!" Liam was bouncing with excitement. "I'm a Chaser! Just like you!"

June grinned. "That's great, Liam! I'm proud of you." She then ruffled his hair, as he watched her with bright eyes.

"Thank you!" He grinned. "I better tell Dennis, see you later, June!" And off he was.

"You know," Fred started, looking at Liam dashing away. "He starts growing on you."

"I know, right," June said, laughing. "I blame it on his enthusiasm."

An owl landed in front of her and Juniper saw it carried a letter from Sirius.

"Letter from Charlie?" Angelina asked, grinning.

"You get letters from Charlie?" George asked, looking at June.

"Er — yes," she replied, glaring at Angelina.

The twins stimultaniously leaned closer to her.

"Are you going to be our sister?" They asked at the same time.

"No, we just get along well . . . like friends."

"Do you?" Fred asked. "George?"

"Yes, Fred?"

"I think we need to write our dear brother a letter."

"Right you are."

"No —" June began, but they had already left the table. She sighed and turned to Angelina, who was looking interested at the bewitched ceiling of the Great Hall.

"You just had to tell them, didn't you?"

When Angelina didn't reply, June shook her head in irritation and opened the letter.

Dear June,

I think it'll be amazing if you'd participate in the Tournament! Merlin, I wish I could participate! Molly said it wasn't as dangerous as the last one (I heard someone died?) so I'm not worried anymore.

Just be careful and don't die — your parents would never forgive me if you did. I believe in you kid! And I'm convinced that you can actually win this thing!

Sirius

Juniper rolled her eyes at his words.

Ten minutes later, she, Angelina and Alicia left the Great Hall but found themselves unable to proceed through the Entrance Hall owing to the large crowd of students congregated there, all milling around a large sign which had been erected at the foot of the marble staircase. The trio shuffled closer to the sign to read it.