Pt2 Chapter Fourteen

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

TESS' P.O.V.

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Tess, happy birthday to you!" I opened my eyes groggily to the sight and sound of my four best friends holding steaming coffee mugs and making an awful noise that I suppose was to be passed as singing. As Kira held out my own cup, I drug myself into a sitting position and smiled.

"Thanks guys, that's exactly how I've been wanting to be woken up on my birthday. You guys should really start a band." I said sarcastically and smiled as Lizzy stuck out her tongue.

"Yeah, I'm putting that at the top of my to-do list." Jenna snapped back and I laughed as she flicked a strand of messy blonde hair behind her shoulder.

"So, what's on the menu for today?" I asked with wide, puppy dog eyes.

"Not telling." Kira smirked. "The only thing you need to b worrying about is getting dressed in the, oh, thirty minutes before we need to be leaving.

"I'm on it." I said and walked quickly towards mine and Lucy's shared bathroom. I turned the water to a nice lukewarm and quickly lathered up my layered, breast length ginger hair. After a rinsed and repeated with the conditioner, and covered and uncovered my own body with suds, I hopped out and pulled a towel tightly around me.

I found a pair of skinny jeans and my The Midnight Beast hoodie quickly, throwing both on before tugging a brush through my thick hair and applying a small amount of mascara to my ginger lashes. I grabbed my purse and made my way into the living room as my friends crowded towards the front door with me in tow.

"Can I at least know where we are going?" I halfway whined from my crushed seat in the cab between Lizzy and Lucy.

"Yeah, to the mall. We've gotten get you something to wear tonight. Actually, we've all got to get something to wear for tonight." Kira said and I raised my eyebrows at Lizzy, who might tell me something.

"We're taking you out to eat tonight, just us girls." Lizzy said and I sat back quietly, satisfied with the answer.

The ride to the mall was short lived as the cabbie dumbed us on the curb outside of the large, crowded building. My friends and I made our way inside and past the steaming food court towards the shops beyond.

"So, birthday girl, dress or shirt?" Kira called from the rack of clothes she was shuffling through in the third store we'd gone to, and so far, we'd found absolutely nothing.

"Dress." Jenna stated for me from the opposite direction.

"Found one!" I heard Lucy call from across the store and then hurry over to show off her findings. She held up a tub topped dress the split at the waist from plain black into a hitched up pair of ruffles and a floral print. "I think it'll go great with my red converse." She beamed.

Jenna rolled her eyes as Lucy went to purchase her fashion statement and I kept skimming the racks. Lizzy was the next to find a dress to wear: a navy blue number with sleeves, small white flowers dotting the length of cotton, and a tiny brown leather belt to slip around Lizzy's small waist. Very classy, she called it.

I settled for a strapless, rose gold colored dress that flowed around my thighs in lace, while Kira settled for a scoop neck, off white colored dress that showed more lace than my dress, and Jenna went dramatic, as usual, with a skin tight, hot pink dress that clutched and clung to her body.

After we were done shopping for accessories and shoes, we stopped at Starbuck's for a quick coffee and a bite to eat before heading home to get ready for our night on London's streets.