Pt2 Chapter Eighteen

LUCY'S P.O.V.

"So, how about we go do something today? I'm off, and really missing you." Liam's deep voice sounded through the speaker of my phone as I riffled through clothes in my closet.

"You miss me? It's only been a few days, Li." I smirked, feeling his smile from the other end and picturing the devious look in his eyes.

"I can't go a single day without you. It's nauseating, really." Our laughs mixed together and filled the room as I pulled a pair of skinnies and a Pink Floyd t-shirt from their hangers.

"That is pretty nauseating. However, it seems I can't go a second longer without seeing you either. Pick me up in ten?" I said with a smile.

"Of course. See you soon, love."

"Bye." I hung up with Liam and made my way into the kitchen where my friends were pacing away various necessities for school and work. After ten slow minutes ticked by, Liam was knocking on the door and puling me into a flurry of kisses. We grabbed hands and made our way to the elevator, hand-in-hand. When we arrived downstairs, a large yellow Labrador tied to a post stood up and began wagging her ail at us happily.

"Brit, how are you sweet girl?" I strode over to the dog and began untying her restraints as she wagged her tail excitedly. "Did you guys walk all the way over here?" I asked Liam as Brit decided to give me numerous slobbery kisses in my facial area.

"Yeah, the poor girl needed a good walk. I thought we could take her around town for round two. She's barely tuckered out at all. In fact, I think she's even more energized." Liam laughed as he took the leather leash in one hand and my hand in the other. We began our trek towards the heart of London happily, Brit wagging her whole backside a little ways in front of us as she sniffed at every inanimate object we passed.

"So, how are you, love?" Liam asked as he pulled a little closer to me as we walked. I smiled at him, wrapping my other hand around our intertwined ones.

"I'm alright. I've got a big art portfolio due soon for the end of semester and work has been pretty stressful. It seems this is perfect golfing weather and everyone is at the course." I sighed as Liam listened intently. "What about you?"

"I'm pretty good. We've got another album on the way, so recording has been great. And making more music actually gets management off our backs for a bit." Liam glanced at me, and I gave him a knowing smile. Making music gets management away from our girlfriends, is what I knew Liam was saying under his words.

"How about a coffee?" Liam drew my attention away from One Direction's business to the Starbucks we were passing. "I'll grab them if you want to sit out here with Brit." I nodded and took Brit's leash, giving Liam my drink order. I found a small bench right outside and placed myself on it.

I crossed and uncrossed my legs uncomfortably, as Brit padded around from my left side to my right, giving each hand a curious lick and then turning for the next one. I laughed as she sniffed expectedly each time, wondering when a treat would appear for her.

"I don't have anything for you, girl. Your daddy wouldn't like me feeding you anything bad." I said, noticing the snuffling a the exposed gum package from my purse. "And he definitely wouldn't like you having that, Brit." I petted the dog on the head, scratching her just behind the right ear like she liked.

Liam came out a few minutes later, drinks in hand. He handed me my Vanilla Frappuccino and took the leash from me with his free hand. I pulled myself away from the wooden bench and followed him towards the bustling streets in the heart of downtown London.

"So, where to first, beautiful?" Liam asked, running his hair over the fresh stubble on his head.

"It doesn't matter, Li. I have no where to go for defiant." Just as I spoke, we strolled right past a small book store. The smell of new and used books hit my nostrils for just a fraction of a second, and I smiled. "On second thought, I need to go in here."