Pt1 Chapter Thirteen

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

STILL TESS' P.O.V.

I woke up the next morning feeling completely rested and content, and then I realized Zayn's arm was wrapped loosely around my waist. I panicked for a second until I remembered everything that had happened the night before: how I told Zayn everything, how he had been there for me the whole time, how much I really trusted him.

I couldn't stay in that bed with him anymore, however. I slipped away from him and looked back at his sleeping figure one last time. He looked so peaceful, and completely happy.

I walked into the living room that was in the basement, where Louis and Niall were on the couches and Lucy was asleep on the single air mattress.

I found a bathroom and took a quick shower, making sure the water burnt my skin. I hopped out, my skin as red as my hair, and found my way back to my room. I had to dress in the dark, and I heard Zayn stirring so I quickly grabbed a pair of shorts and a random shirt from the floor and pulled them on before running upstairs.

It wasn't until I walked into the kitchen and saw Liam's and Jenna's stares that I realzied my shirt felt different. It was slightly too bug, and smelled... musky. Oh God. I had accidentally put on Zayn's shirt.

"Morning." Liam recovered, but Jenna kept up the stare. I walked to the coffee pot and poured myself a large cup.

"Morning. How'd you two sleep?" I asked, trying to make conversation.

"Well, the arm chair was terribly uncomfortable." Liam rubbed his neck and stretched his shoulders.

"Me and Lizzy slept fine." Jenna said, still giving me a suspicious look.

"Good morning, guys. I'm showing you how to party in Omaha today." Kira bubbled as she skipped into the kitchen and poured herself a cup of coffee.

"Which would be what exactly?" Louis walked in right after and pecked Jenna's lips. "Morning, beautiful." I heard him whisper.

"The zoo, and then this amazing burger joint called King Kong Burger." Kira sat on Jenna's lap as Lucy and Niall appeared.

"Where's your aunt and uncle?" Liam asked.

"Mike had to work, and Kim took the girls to the park, so we're home alone."

"We're supposed to leave for London in two days, since the tour is over." Liam said after a minute. The band and Lou had already left, so it was just Paul and the boys left in America.

"I've been meaning to talk to you guys about that." Kira downed her coffee and looked at the three boys. "My family takes an annual beach trip for a week. We leave on the tenth to head there from our house. Would you guys like to come?" Her eyes sparkled and Louis and Niall immediately yelled "YES!" and high-fived.

"What are we "yes-ing" about?" Lizzy walked in ans was pulled into Niall from the back, as he lent againest the fridge.

"We're going to the beach with you!" He exclaimed in his happy Irish accent and Lizzy "Whoo-oo'ed."

"Morning, Zayn! Nice bed-head!" Louis said and I froze, not wanting to look behind me, especially when I had accidentally put on his shirt.

"Well, I better go wake Harold up." Kira said and it seemed everyone else needed to help her or had somewhere else to be. Thanks, guys.

"How'd you sleep?" Zayn asked from the counter where he was fixing himself a biscuit.

"Good." I nodded. How bloody awkward.