Pt2 Chapter Seven

• Dedicated to "Jenna"

CHAPTER SEVEN

LOUIS' P.O.V.

"Louis!" I heard the front door of my house slam and Harry's voice carried into my living room. "What in God's name are you doing, mate?" Harry's form appeared through the hallway. He walked in front of me, blocking my view of the television and looking more like my mum than I wanted.

"The hell does it look like I'm doing? I'm watching TV, eating a bag of crisps." I grabbed the crinkled, half-eaten bag and held it up for Harry to see.

"It's your birthday! You're supposed to be out celebrating with me and the lads, not holed up in here pouting."

"I'm not pouting." I crossed my arms and narrowed my eyes at my best mate.

"Listen, Lou, it's been three days since you saw Jenna. Ypu've got to get over her; move on, have a little fun." Harry say beside me on the couch.

"I can't!" I exclaimed, throwing my hands up. "I love her!"

"Yeah, and you said you loved Eleanor too." Harry picked himself back up off the couch.

"I did love El, but it's different with Jenna." Harry huffed and headed for door.

"I'll be back in three hours to pick you up. Invite Eleanor or whoever, but you're going out with us for your birthday." Harry slammed the door behind him as I threw my head back with a loud sigh.

I watched a slow hour tick by on the digital clock on my DVD player. The TV was on, but the million thoughts running through my head blocked registration of anything else.

One thought, besides the obvious ones of Jenna, was blinking in my brain like a giant, neon sign: Invite Eleanor. Maybe I should call El, I hadn't talked to her in over a year, and she defiantly deserved an explanation, and a big apology.

I stared at my phone on the side table before snatching it and scrolling through the alphabetical contact list until I got to Eleanor's. I hit the call option, and put the speaker to my ear.

"Hello?" Eleanor's quiet voice came through in a cautious way.

"El? Hey, its Louis." I said back in the most cheerful way I could muster.

"Louis? What do you want? Why are you calling me?" Her voice automatically went cold, and I could only imagine her narrowed glare at the phone.

"Listen, don't be mad. I wanted to actually apologize for everything, and... to see if you wanted to come over." I ran my hand through my hair and down my face, rubbing the stubble along my chin and cheeks.

"I don't know if that's such a good idea, Louis." Eleanor said uneasily.

"It's just as friends, I swear. I have no romantic intentions, I promise you." I reassured her as images of Jenna flashed through my mind. The moment I first kissed her, realized I loved her, told her I loved her. The stupid things wwe did in between.

"Louis?" Eleanor's voice broke through my thoughts.

"Hmm? Sorry, what?"

"I said, I'll be over in twenty minutes." I hung up with her shortly after and ran to the master bathroom, jumping in and out of the shower, running a razor over my face, and throwing on suitable clothes just as the doorbell rang out.

I threw open the door and let El in quickly before any lurking paps or fans could see, and then turned to look at her. She looked the exact same, wearing a pair of black skinny jeans, a white jumper, and a large overcoat.