Pt2 Chapter Five

CHAPTER FIVE

STILL LUCY'S P.O.V.

Leah and I said our sappy goodbyes while I checked in my luggage. She couldn't go with me farther then security, so I left her waving at the metal detectors.

I managed to score a Starbucks and Chick-Fil-A kiosk that were stopped beside my gate. I flashed my ticket to the guard and walked to my seat quickly, praying I would be some-what alone in the seating arrangements.

As I ate my "lunch," I sent a text to Kira saying I was switching to airplane mode and I would be home in eight hours. After she replied, I really did switch the mode to airplane and plugged in my earphones as I felt the plane talk off and start for England.

***

My plane touched down in London's night time scene. I knew the girls would be waiting outside, so all I would have to do is get out of there as fast as I could.

I was in my own little world, so very close to the exist, when I heard screaming. It was so familiar, the screaming; I knew I'd heard it somewhere before.

Then it hit me, literally. Fangirls. Dozens of them ran past me, screaming to their hearts' content. I chuckled to myself; they were still as ridiculous as ever. I still couldn't help but be curious as to who was causing so much of a crowd.

I wasn't curious for very long, because soon the couple passed right before me. Their heads were down, and they were shielding themselves away from cameras, but there was no mistaking who the guy was, at least. He had cut his hair a lot shorter, but Liam looked the exact same as he had the day we parted so long ago.

The girl he was holding hands with quite intimately, I didn't recognise. I could tell she was darker, probably mixed, judging by her giant head of poodle hair.

My breath caught in my throat as the exit door, and a swarm of security, swallowed them whole. So that was why he'd suddenly stopped talking to me, she was the reason. I kept walking, fighting tears, feeling completely betrayed.

KIRA'S P.O.V.

"Where in the world is she? I'm starving!" Lizzy complained, clutching her stomach.

"You're always starving!" Jenna snapped back just as I saw Lucy's figure appear between the sliding automatic doors.

"Guys, stop fighting. There she is!" All four of us ran to her and squealed as if we hadn't seen her in years. She laughed and hugged us back, but it was all so noticeably forced.

"Luce, you okay? You're paler than I am." Tess joked, but her face was full of concern.

"Yeah, just...just a little jet lag...I'll be fine." Lucy started to walk and we followed. I gave Tess a curious glance, making a point of Lucy's behavior. Tess gave me the same exact look, neither of us knowing what was up with Lucy.

"So, we get a pizza, movie, ice cream. Then tomorrow we party." Jenna said as we hopped out of the cab to our flat.

"Sounds like a plan." I said and went into the kitchen. Before I could pick up the phone to order our food, the wood on our door rattled as someone's fist came  in contact with it.

"I'll get it!" Lizzy called as I peeked over the counter, the door in full view.

"Can we come in? We've got pizza?" I heard Niall's distinctive voice. Wait, did he say we?

"Um, I guess." Lizzy opened the door wider to let them in.

He didn't look any different. His hair was a ruffled mess, and his skin was just as tan as the first time I saw him. Tonight, he was wearing a pair of thin glasses and plaid pajama bottoms.