Pt2 Chapter Eight

CHAPTER EIGHT

"Kira! Get up! Its Christmas!" Lizzy was shouting in my ears. I rolled over and groaned, burying my face in my pillow. Even if it was Christmas morning, I needed my sleep.

"Kira, we wanna open presents! Get up!" Tess said. I rolled over towards them and hit the button on my phone: 11:17.

"Geez, I slept late." I grumbled, pretty sure this was the latest I'd ever slept in on Christmas. However, we'd decided to start a new tradition the night before, in which we'd sneak into the living room at different hours of the night at random, put our presents under our fake little tree, eat one of the five cookies for "Santa," and head back to our rooms before anyone else came in. My alarm had woken me up at four.

I grabbed my owl Pillow Pet and red and green plaid throw blanket from my bed, and followed Lizzy and Tess into the living room. My facial expression turned happily surprised when I saw Jenna and Louis were cuddled in our armchair.

"Well, well, well, what have we got here?" I laughed as they both waved. "What time did you get here?"

"About an hour ago." Jenna blushed. "We had to get each other presents, and then Lucy explained the new present placing thing. Sorry I missed it."

"Eh, who cares. At least you two are back together and happy, finally." Tess laughed and collasped on "The Thing."

"I think it's time to open presents!" I said as I curled up agianst the arm and laid my head on it.

"hang on, Niall's about to be here." Lizzy said as she ran to the door and five minutes later, opened it for her Irish snowflake, literally. He was completely covered in snow. He chattered out a Merry Christmas as Lizzy helped him out of his coat and to "The Thing," giving him a cup of hot chocolate on the way.

Then, Jenna got up and distributed her presents. Christmas Day held a lot of stupid little traditions of us, especially when it came to the presents. First, oldest to youngest handed out presents, and the presents were color coded according to who they went to. I got green, Lizzy had pink, Tess was orange, Lucy was blue, and Jenna got purple. Then, oldest to youngest, we opened them.

"Alright, Jenna, go." Lucy said after Jenna had a number of assorted purple presents in front of her. She giddily reached for the first, a boxed shaped present covered in purple snowflakes. She ripped it open and smiled down at The Incredibles, Blue Lagoon, and Star Wars I and II.

"I though we'd both benifit from my present." Lucy smirked. Well, at least it wasn't birth control, which probably would have been more useful.

Jenna thanked her, and ripped open everyone else's presents to her. Tess got her a pair or Pink pajamas, colored purple, and an iTunes gift card. Lizzy got her Japanese Cherry Blossom lotion and spray from Bath and Body Works, and three books from the Clique series. I bought her something we both could defiantly benefit from: two The Midnight Beast concert tickets. She squealed and jumped around, thanking us all before settling back down in front of Louis' present. She carefully pulled the two items out, and every single person in the room gasped before dying with laughter. Louis had gotten Jenna pink furry handcuffs and a giant box of flavored condoms.

"That's what happens when the only store open on Christmas morning is the Adult Superstore." Louis laughed, and opened his present from Jenna: edible panties.

"Classy, guys." Lucy said.

"Thank you." Jenna smiled and bowed. "Your turn, Tess!" Tess turned to the orange presents happily. She only got stuck with the color orange so many years ago because of her flaming hair.

"Looks like you're going to two concerts, Kira." She smirked as she held up two Ed Sheeran tickets, and her Midnight Beast ticket.

"What ca I say? I only buy you guys things that will benefit me." I smirked. Tess opened her other three presents quickly, gaining The Roommate, Pocahontas, and A Walk to Remember from Lucy; Juicy Perfume and three books from The Series of Unfortunate Events from Lizzy; and a white sweatshirt decorated with Portugal in read and green across the front, the Portuguese flag on the left sleeve, and Ronaldo and the number seven on the back. Cristiano Renaldo was Tess' favorite athlete.

Next was my turn. I got The Notebook, A Nightmare on Elm Street, and Grease from Lucy; hour books from the Maximum Ride series and a pair of owl socks from Lizzy; green matching Pink pajamas from Tess along with an iTunes gift card, and a grey sweatshirt resembling Tess', except it said United States of America on the front, and read Phelps with a number one on the back.

Lizzy was next, getting The Lorax, Pirates of the Caribbean one and two, and National Treasure from Lucy; pink Pink pajamas from Tess with another gift card; a Bath and Body Works gift basket from Jenna, and Ryan Lochte merchandise from me. She also got a gorgeous promise ring from Niall that was embedded with a pearl, which was her birthstone. He placed in on her finger in an adorable display of public affection, kissing her nose and lips with his promise to "never, ever leave her again," and then he kept the Ireland onsie she got him on the rest of the day.

Lucy was last. She got, of course, pajamas from Tess with an iTunes gift card; Harry Potter books and fuzzy socks from Lizzy; a red Georgia Bulldogs sweatshirt from Jenna, and a leather guitar strap with her name carved into it from me.

The rest of the day, after presents, I cooked a huge meal for all of us, and we swapped from parents to parents on the video chat.

Our first Christmas in London was short and lovely, and ended way too soon. The next day, Louis picked Jenna up for an all day shopping spree (her real Christmas present), and Niall barged through the door and began packing Lizzy's suitcase, zooming her off to Mullingar with a dumbfounded expression, and a promise they'd be back before New Years, which would also be Jenna and Louis' birthday celebration.

That left Lucy, Tess, and I to carry out one of the last of our Christmas holiday traditions: plant ourselves firmly on our butts in front of the TV until New Year's Eve arrived.