♡8♡

The lunch was unexpected. His mother didn't inform him about it. It was Sunday and Jeongguk was looking forward to meeting Taehyung even after the little dramatic-ness last night. He woke up late, found no text from Taehyung whatsoever.

Though Yugyeom did text him, Jaehyun too saying they're really confused at to what happened suddenly and why Taehyung got to serious about it. He didn't know either yet he was ready to forget it because it doesn't matter.

When he came downstairs, his mother was done with preparing lunch and told him he has to stay home because her friend and her daughter are coming for lunch. Jeongguk knew who they were.

His mother's childhood friend, their neighbor for years until they had to move away years ago. Kang Suryeon and her daughter Kang Minseol.

"But I have to be somewhere!" Jeongguk whines.

"Jeonggukie. Stay for a while please? I thought I texted you about but I forgot." She pouts. "Work messes up my mind." She sighs.

"You're getting old, nothing else." Jeongguk mumbles, receives a smack on his head by his mother.

"Just stay for lunch. Eat and leave wherever you want to go, yeah?" She says, looking at him with pleading eyes.

"Fine!" Jeongguk huffs.

His mother's friend was ecstatic to meet Jeongguk's mother. They were still friends after all. Jeongguk had helped his father set the backyard as they waited for the guests.

She was excited to meet Jeongguk as well. Hugging him so tight and Jeongguk just had to endure it.

Minseol was shy, been like this even when they were kids. They simply shake hands, ask how they've been and that's all. He has seen her comments on his posts and that's that. He never had any urge to talk to her because these years made him a completely different person with new friends and he is sure Minseol is like that too.

He hopes her peaking at him him and trying to start a conversation doesn't mean what he thinks it means. He's not stupid to not know her advances.

He doesn't want to make things awkward.

Suryeon talks a lot and Jeongguk just nods and keeps the replies short. She is impressed by almost everything Jeongguk's mother time her about him. Studies, dreams he wanted to pursue. She is happy for him.

"Its cute how you still stay with your parents." Suryeon says and Jeongguk chuckles.

"I have my own place but I crash here at weekends or whenever I want." Jeongguk says and his mother smiles.

"So you don't have anyone yet to keep you busy at your own place?" She chuckles and Jeongguk smiles widely, a little sadly.

"I'm starting to think my son is going to be a loser when it comes to love." Mr. Jeon says and Jeongguk playfully glares at him.

"You don't even have anyone in your eyes?" His mother joins and he sighs. His lips unconsciously curl in a smile as he remembers Taehyung's giggling sound, his eyes, his lips---him.

"There is." He whispers and he hears cheers, claps, chuckles.

"When are you introducing her to us?" His mother says. Jeongguk takes a deep breath, smile lost.

"It's not---". Jeongguk pauses at the door bell sound.

"I'll go." Jeongguk says and gets up.

It's not her. It's him. He wanted to say.

Jeongguk opens the door, finds a guy holding a box. He doesn't remember ordering anything. It has his name written on it. Jeongguk bows at the guy and grabs the box, closes the door.