♡29♡

Walking hand in hand and side by side together on the way to Fountains of Bellagio, both humming a gentle tone and extremely content with their dinner date earlier.

And then suddenly Taehyung stops, making Jeongguk do the same. He turns around and sees intense worry and panic on Taehyung's face.

"Hey what's wrong, baby?" Jeongguk asks, stepping forward close to him.

Taehyung bites his lower lip hard, his eyes filling with tears as the previously contained intensity of emotions of guilt and embarrassment break the bridge.

"Tae, baby what happened?" Jeongguk asks, worry eating him as he watches his lover struggling to speak. He was also panicking.

"Gukk---". Taehyung chokes on his words as the bridge breaks and his tears fall as he cries.

"Taehyung, you're scaring me." Jeongguk cups his face but Taehyung refuses to look at him and has his head tilted away from him.

"I'm-I'm sorry." Taehyung cries and Jeongguk's heart falls pits deeper.

He's sorry for what? Is he breaking up with me? Today of all days? This can't be possible.

"Why---are you sorry?" Jeongguk whispers as he makes Taehyung look at him, his heart breaking at his lover's broken and tearful eyes.

"I-I looked a lot---". Taehyung hiccups.

"I looked everywhere." Taehyung cries again.

"For what?" Jeongguk asks.

"Gukk I-I---". Taehyung stops again and Jeongguk's heart almost bursts.

"I lost our promise ring." Taehyung says abruptly, his lower lip wobbles in the cutest way and Jeongguk watches him with wide eyes.

"What?" He whispers so gently, a smile forming on his lips.

"I couldn't find it anywhere---". Taehyung sobs again. "I don't even remember taking it off---".

Jeongguk watches him with all the adoration and love and still thinks it wouldn't be enough to portray as he feels way beyond that can be said or even shown.

"Relax---".

"Relax? How can I when I lost something so important." Taehyung hiccups.

"I'm so sorry, Gukkie." Taehyung whimpers.

Jeongguk sighs, takes a deep breath and keeps smiling.

"You gave me no other choice but to not delay it any further." Jeongguk whispers and Taehyung frowns, sniffling a little.

"It wouldn't have been after you had cried like a baby." Jeongguk chuckles. "You crying wasn't part of the plan."

"I thought you wouldn't even notice the ring gone." Jeongguk whispers and Taehyung takes offense at that.

"You have no idea how---".

"I know, I know I'm sorry." Jeongguk utters.

"Then what are you---".

"Kim Taehyung---". Jeongguk whispers so gently, so beautifully, his eyes shining as he looks at Taehyung, caressing his cheekbone.

And then he's stepping away, making Taehyung reach out for him as if on instinct, his eyes widening when Jeongguk kneels on one knee in front of him.

Taehyung feels like he's dreaming.

"Jeongguk---".

"As textbook as I can make this, or if it's cliché or whatever---." Jeongguk stops himself before he ruins it with his blabbering.