Picking Up The Pieces

*Fanfiction Request*

*Will Mention Fire. Will mention scenes from different episodes*

Jordan- 16

One gloomy afternoon Jordan was walking to Firehouse 51, she had heard Kelly's father, Benny had died. She already knew how Kelly was feeling. Even though she was a baby when her mother died she still felt that pain. It was like an empty hole and something was missing. The teen had even felt that way with her brother.

The sixteen-year-old arrived at the station, she went inside looking around. Matt had seen her, he was worried. Normally Hank would tell them if she would be staying with them while he worked. The Captain had gone over.

"Jo, hey, everything ok? Does your dad know you're here?" Matt asked.

"Yeah, I told him I wanted to stop by and see Kelly. I heard about Benny. I wanted to see how he is" Jordan replied.

The Captain had a small smile. Normally it would be them looking out for the young teen, now she was looking out for them. Anyone and everyone who knew Jordan knew one thing, like her father she was fiercely protective of those she had close to her. The teen would do anything for them, like they would for her.

"It's nice of you to do that Jo, I'm sure Kelly would appreciate it"

Glancing down then back up. "How is he Matt?"

"Withdrawn a lot. From me, Stella, everyone. This hit him hard, he's almost like he was when ...when Shay died"

A lump formed in the teen's throat, Shay was an angel sent. She was not only Kelly's best friend but she was Jordan's. When she was eleven and she spent time at 51, she loved spending time with Shay. It was almost like having another sister figure. But like other people she lost, she died. Eventually with the help from 51 and Intelligence they had caught her killer.

Stella had seen the young teen and gone over. "Hey Jo, you ok honey"

"I'm good, I wanted to check in on Kelly," The teen replied.

"He should be in his quarters"

Jordan had gone to see Kelly in his quarter, Stella and Matt had watched as she went. Stella glanced at her Captain.

"You think Jo could get through to him?" Stella asked, her voice filled with some hope.

"I hope so" Was all Casey could say.

Everyone was worried about Kelly, he was completely withdrawn from everything and everyone. He wouldn't open up to anyone about his father's death. Not to Boden. Not to Stella. Not even to Matt. He had completely shut down. Just like he had done with Shay.

Casey had really hoped history wouldn't repeat itself, when Shay had died Kelly spun out of control. He was drinking heavily. He went to Vegas and got married. It had taken him a long time and a lot of help to get back to himself. They just hoped this wouldn't be a horrible repeat.

Jordan had made it to Kelly's quarters, the door was shut. Kelly had been staring at the same report page for what seemed like an eternity. His mind wandered back to when his father died. He couldn't get the words out of his head. They played over and over.

"I'm sorry Kelly but you're father, he didn't make it"

Like a broken record it just played over and over. It wouldn't stop. The last thing Benny did was help get Grissom off of Boden's back. He remembered the last time he ever saw his father.

"Last time I saw you, you were calling me a scared old man" Benny said to his son. "Then you ignored me for 6 months. Now you want my help?"