I Am God

*Based on episode 3x10*

Jordan- 13

Intelligence had gotten another case, only this one hit hard for Hank. They had been investigating a doctor who was purposely misdiagnosing patients with cancer and dosing them with chemo they hadn't needed. Jordan was never one to get involved with her father's cases, she stayed out of the way. When she saw how badly her father was hurting, she never saw him this way.

Jordan had always known her father was married before he met her mother, she heard of Camille. Her father and brother told her stories. But never once did they talk about her death. It still hurts too much. It was as if someone added salt in an open wound. The pain would never fully go away.

Hank had been having a private moment in his office trying to clear his head, Jordan came up in the squad. They made sure to turn the white boards so she wouldn't see anything. Seeing her father's door open she walked in, Jordan had been the only one ever allowed to walk straight into his office. Putting her backpack on the chair she went to hug her father. Hank had been so lost and deep in thought what broke him from it was arms wrapping around him.

Looking down he saw his little girl hugging him tight, for the first time that day a small smile formed on his lips. At that moment his little girl was one of the main reasons he refused to go over that edge and kill that doctor. It had taken all his physical strength not to do it.

"Daddy, are you ok?"Jordan asked softly, her fingers twirling with his shirt. A habit she had done when she was nervous.

One thing the older man knew, he could tell when his children were nervous, scared or upset. Jordan was definitely nervous and scared. And for good reason. Taking a breath he gently unwrapped her from him and bent down. He saw the nervousness in her eyes. Between this case and seeing that in his daughter, he didn't know how much he could take. Putting on a fake smile he brushed some hair behind her ear.

"I'm just fine sweetheart" He lied. He was lying not only to her but himself. He was far from fine.

"I know how this case has been getting to you because of.. Ya know. Camille. I don't want you doing anything crazy. I don't wanna lose you again. Promise me you won't do anything crazy or reckless. Like before"

Hank wouldn't think twice about ending the worthless bastard who killed his wife, since the start of it hearing his name. He wanted nothing more than to do it. To get justice for his wife and now the current victims. But one thing Hank swore, he would never do anything to get him sent to prison and taken away from his little girl ever again. The first time around was hard and painful enough. Neither of them would handle it for a second time.

"I promise sweetheart. I won't do anything crazy or reckless. He's going to jail for what he's done"

"He should. I've been really worried about you since the start. That you may do something crazy or reckless"

She threw her arms around his neck holding him tightly, tears burned heavily in her chocolate brown eyes. Hank wrapped his daughter in a protective hold, burying his face in her brown hair. A scent hit his nose. Strawberries and vanilla. Just holding her, it gave him some peace. He felt tears prick in his own eyes, he blinked them away as fast as he could.

He was broken out of his thoughts by his phone, holding his daughter with one arm he used his free hand to answer his phone. "Voight...What?!"

When Jordan had heard that tone she knew it wasn't gonna be pretty. After the call it hadn't taken her long to figure out her father was leaving. She looked at him with the same worried look.

"You have to go"

"Yeah. I'll be back in a bit"

"I wanna go with you"