Midnight Fright Pt 3

Jordan- 15

When the man had finally had enough he stormed over and before Jordan could react she raised her arm up and fired off shots. The man had gone down, for not firing a gun Jordan had actually done well. One bullet got him in the shoulder, one in the chest, and one in the leg.

The teen was going to highly regret this as she began limping over on her throbbing ankle and bent down to the man and pulled back the horrible Halloween mask he wore. It had been no other than Tyler James, a serial killer that had been taken down just a few years back. In his sick and delusional mind he thought he was in love with Jordan. He had gotten out of prison and faked his death, nobody would be looking for a dead man.

Tyler had looked at her, his body trembling and spazzing in pain. A wet and stickiness began flowing from his mouth. Blood. A grin appeared on his face as he looked at the teen. Jordan viciously glared at him.

"You...you grew up...to be...so...so beautiful" Tyler choked out spitting more blood up. His hand had twitched lightly.

Jordan aimed the gun straight at his head. "Twitch again and I'll blow your head clean off"

"You...were...always a...feisty one"

"Is that so?"

She aimed the gun and shot him in the knee, Tyler screamed in pain. "I've been told I was more of a scorpion"

"So...fiesty...so beautiful"

"Keep talking. Soon you won't be able to talk, soon you'll be breathing through your head"

"Jo, sweetheart don't do it" Hank told his daughter. "You won't be able to live with yourself if you do. The guilt will eat at you. Take it from me, it ain't worth it"

"Your dad's right kid, don't do it. Put the gun down" Adam went on.

"But...He..he"

"Don't it's not worth it"

Just as she was about to put the gun down he cackled evilly and as he tried to move up using what energy she had, the teen bashed him across the face with the gun knocking him out. She had then hobbled to her father and Adam, setting them free. Once they were out of their restraints Jordan had collapsed in a great deal of pain, Hank had tended to his daughter while Adam had gone to check on Tyler.

Jordan tried hard not to cry in pain but pain pulsed and coursed through her body. Hank held his daughter close, she cried and whimpered in pain. She tried to breathe through the pain but it was too great. Looking up at her father with teary and red eyes, frizzy and matted hair sticking and clinging to her sweaty forehead.

"Dad, you.. And Adam.. you two go get help. I'll be fine by myself. I'll hold you back" Jordan told her father.

"I'm not leaving you Jordan and you aren't holding us back. I'm not going anywhere without you" Hank told her gently but firmly.

"I wanna go home"

Pushing through everything Hank stood to his height and then bent down and picked up his daughter. Slowly the teen felt the adrenaline leave her body and with that she had felt her eyes droop close, everytime her eyes closed and her head fell she had shot her head back up trying to stay awake.

As gently as he could he brushed some of her hair back off her forehead. "Just rest sweetheart, you need it"

"Dad... promise me. When we're found, no pain meds. I don't want anything. I can handle this"

When Hank heard his daughter's voice and how desperate she sounded, her sobriety meant so much to her. If the kid had so much as a headache, she'd rather suffer through it than take an aspirin. She still hadn't fully trusted herself with it and she may not for a while.