Protection Detail: Erin and Jay Pt 1

*Picks up from Chapter 32-34. And the last chapter. Must read those before this*

Jordan- 13

After the extremely long night Kevin and Adam had with Jordan, the two men remained on the floor fast asleep. The teen was up every hour on the hour if not every half hour. She had finally settled down at 4 am. Jordan had laid at the foot of the to be close to the young officers.

Erin and Jay were next on Jordan's detail, Jay opened the door while Erin brought in coffee and breakfast for all of them. Checking the time on his phone it was already past 9 in the morning and the house was quiet. Too quiet.

Adam's car was still outside so they hadn't left, there weren't any signs of a break in. The two partners split up and searched the house. Jay took the upstairs while Erin swept the outside. When Jay got upstairs he went and checked his partners rooms to find them empty, the beds looked half slept in.

He gripped his gun as he went to Jordan's room, the door was cracked and he nudged it with his foot opening it all the way. He smiled seeing the sight as he put his gun away. Kevin and Adam were hugging each other, their heads touching each other. The young detective chuckled and pulled his phone out and snapped a few pictures.

Jordan was at the foot of the bed sleeping, her long brown hair was covering her face. The teen slightly stirred, rubbing her eyes as she looked over and saw Jay.

"Jay, what time is it?" Jordan asked, letting out a yawn.

"A little after 9 kiddo, why don't you head downstairs. Erin and I got breakfast" Jay told her.

"Where's my dad?"

That caused the young detective to freeze, he couldn't tell her. It would break her heart, not to mention she'd use every trick in the book to escape and go see him which would make her an open target.

"He said he had something to do today"

"Jay, I'm 13 not 3. Where's my dad?"

"Go eat breakfast while I get them up"

She gave a scowl that could easily have matched her father's as she went past him, the young detective had let out a breath. He then looked down at his partners and gently kicked Adam's leg.

"Kev...wake up man. It's your turn" Adam mumbled.

"No man I got her last time. It's your turn" Kevin told his friend.

Jay bent down to their level. "Rise and shine boys!"

That caused the two men to jump and fall forward. Jay was laughing watching them, they looked up at him then back at the empty bed.

"Oh no. Jordan's missing. Dammit I knew I should have stayed awake" Adam panicked.

"Adam" Jay tried to stop him.

"I'll track her phone, you go search the area" Kevin told his friend, ignoring Jay.

"Guys! Jo's fine. She's downstairs"

"When were you gonna tell us?"

"Right now, Erin and I brought coffee and food"

"Thank god. We've been up half the night with Jordan, I don't know how Voight does it" Adam got up stretching.

"He's a parent man, he's gotta do what he's gotta do" Kevin commented.

"How is Hank doing? Any word?" Adam lowered his voice.

Jay closed the door so Jordan wouldn't hear. "He's gonna sit there until they take Jordan off the witness list. Antonio has already tried talking to him"