The Calm Before The Storm

*Will mention Justice*

Jordan- 14

It's been almost seven months since Jordan got clean and sober, she's been going to meetings and therapy but she was still fragile. She was still in recovery and everyone knew to be very cautious around her, they had to be careful with what they said and did around her or else she'll fall off the wagon.

During the time Antonio made the switch from Intelligence to the State's Attorney's office to be a lead investigator. Jordan missed her surrogate uncle it was as if her family wasn't complete.

One afternoon after getting out of school the fourteen year old headed to the State's Attorney's office to see her uncle. She had texted her father telling him where she was going and not to worry. She was on the bus heading to the office.

Antonio Dawson rubbed a hand down his tired face, they had just finished another case. It was almost the same as Intelligence but different. Everyone worked, there wasn't any joking around that he was use to, if he were to tell the truth he missed his old team. He missed the jokes, he missed how his niece and Adam had their prank wars, he really missed his niece. He didn't know if she was the same as before he left, he didn't know if she was still clean and sober, he didn't know any of it.

His new partner, Laura looked at him. "You ok?"

"Yeah. Just thinking". He replied tiredly.

"About what?"

"Just stuff".

Jordan was walking through the office getting lost, Peter and Anna were heading to there offices when they seen the teen. Peter knew who she was and heard about what happened. Anna heard of Jordan but never met her, the two head over to her.

"Jordan how are you". Peter said with a smile.

"Hi Peter". Jordan replies with a smile.

"This is my colleague Anna Valdez".

"Nice to meet you Jordan". Anna spoke.

"Nice to meet you too and please call me Jo, I'm not once for being called by my full name I sound like I'm in trouble".

They all chuckle, Anna excused herself as her phone ran leaving Peter alone with the teen.

"How have you been? Really". Peter's voice lowered a bit.

"Good. I feel a hell of a lot better now. I'm clean, sober, going to meetings and therapy. I'm a new me".

"Jo, were here for you if you ever need to talk".

"Thanks".

"So what brings you by?"

"I was looking for Antonio but I think I got lost".

"Follow me, I'll take you to him".

The two then began walking, as she walked an idea had popped into her head. "Hey Peter, I know it's a lot to ask and you'll probably have to ask my dad but. You think I could get a part time job here. It'd be after school and on weekends and whenever I don't have school I could be here. I really need to keep busy, keep my mind off of things. Besides I'll be perfectly safe here, nobody would think to look here for me".

"I'll think about it and talk to your dad about it, if he says it's ok then we'll figure something out".

"Thanks".

They finally made it to the office, Antonio was reading over a case file so he didn't see his niece or Peter, a mischievous grin appeared on Jordan's face. She was gonna surprise her uncle. The teen tiptoed around the office making her way to Antonio's desk, she was right behind him.