Midnight Fright Pt 1

Jordan- 15

Adam was coming to with a groan, his vision was blurry. He managed to make out a figure across from him; it was a girl with brown hair. She was wearing the clothes Jordan had been wearing. Unless. No. It was Jordan. She was unconscious. When he tried to move he couldn't. He was tied to a chair. The air in the room was damp, it had an odor. Whatever it was it stank to high hell. He didn't know what it was nor did he want to.

Jordan had begun coming to her head hurt, her head felt as if it weighed a ton. She opened her eyes and her vision was blurry. She blinked a few times till it had cleared.

"A...Adam....Adam?" Her voice was weak.

"Jo? Thank god you're alright" Adam said relieved.

"What the hell happened? Where are we?"

"I don't know but I'm going to get us out of here"

"Why does it feel like we're in one of those crappy horror movies?"

"Kid so not the time"

Her fingers tried to go down and reach her knife in her pocket. The rope had dug into her skin, rubbing them raw she had ignored the pain she had far worse than this. The tips of her fingers grabbed the knife. It had taken her a few minutes to fiddle with it till the blade finally opened and she started to cut the thick brown rope.

"Kid, what are you doing?" Adam looked at her.

"Trying..to cut this...damn rope"

"What the hell are you using?"

"Pocket knife. I always have one in my pocket"

"Should I ask?"

"Probably not. I think...I almost" She bit her tongue and lip trying to concentrate. "Got it" She cut the rope freeing her sore wrists.

Cutting the restraints on her ankle she ran over to Adam freeing him from his restraints. Once the young officer had been freed he pulled the teen in for a hug, Jordan hugged him with all her might. The teen refused to show it but she was scared, she and Adam had been kidnapped and taken to god knows where.

"Adam, I wanna go home"

"It's alright sweetheart. I gotcha. I won't let anything happen to you"

"I want my dad"

Adam felt his heart breaking, even though Jordan had put on the thick skin and tough attitude that was so much like her father she was still a kid. A scared kid who got caught up in something she shouldn't have.

"It's all gonna be fine kiddo, I won't let anything happen to you. I promise"

"We don't even know where we are"

"Jo, I need you to calm down and relax"

The teen had taken some deep breaths and began to calm down, Adam had taken her hand and kept her behind him as they went to the front door of the cabin they were currently in. Very carefully and cautiously he reached for the door knob and turned it slowly. Peeking his head out he looked into the dark woods and saw they were definitely in the woods.

Taking very careful steps the two went out, Adam making sure to keep a hold of his boss's daughter. Nothing was going to happen to her with him around. Jordan tried to keep the thick skin tough act but very slowly it had been breaking. She and Adam were in the middle of the woods in the pitch dark, not knowing who took them or why.

"Adam, maybe it's best you go get help. I'll stay here" The teen suggested.

"Are you crazy? No way you're staying with me" Adam protested.