Legacy

*Fanfiction request*

Jordan- 18

Hank had finally retired from the CPD something nobody thought would ever happen, he'd done it so he could be with his daughter and he was now realizing that his little girl was grown. Jordan had turned 18 and was fresh outta high school it was as if Hank blinked and in the blink of an eye Jordan had went from an innocent little baby to a bright, smart young woman and everyday she looked just like her mother but had his temper.

Now that Jordan was out of high school she had secretly applied to the Police Academy, she'd been studying and been taking the classes in her spare time. The eighteen year old had passed all the classes with flying colors. She hadn't told her father yet because if she did he'd be against it, Hank wanted to keep his daughter far away from all of that as possible if he could he'd lock her away in a tower to keep her safe from anything and everything.

After a few months the letter finally came, she had swiped it before her father could catch it. She was up in her room, the teen had her door shut but it was slightly ajared. Jordan looked down at the envelope that read her name on it, she was completely nervous and excited about it the whole time. Her stomach had butterflies and it did flip flops, after what seemed like hours but only a few minutes Jordan picked up the white envelope and opened it. Taking a deep breath she read it.

Dear, Ms. Jordan Voight we are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted into the Chicago Police Academy.

Jordan read that line over and over, tears had burned in her eyes. Her dream had come true, she was gonna follow in her father's and grandfather's footsteps and become a cop. Quickly grabbing her phone she called Erin.

Erin had eventually moved back to Chicago, she hated New York and after working with the FBI task force she made the choice to come home. She came back to her family.

"Hey Jordy, what's going on". Erin answers.

"I have something to tell you". Jordan replied, her voice slightly shaking.

Hank was on his way to his room when he heard his daughter quietly talking, he had a feeling that she was talking to Erin. He never liked eavesdropping on his daughter's calls but by the tone of her voice he insistently knew something was up and he was curious.

Erin had heard the tone of her sister's voice change and got worried. "Sweetie what is it?"

"I got a letter today, I got into the Police Academy".

"Jordy that's great!"

When that was said Hank wanted to be happy for his daughter but another part of him was upset and hurt. Why hadn't she told him? What was wrong with him knowing? He would have supported her career choice. No matter what she had chosen Hank would have supported it.

"I haven't told dad yet, I wanna surprise him".

"Jo he's gonna be so proud of you".

"I'm actually gonna do it, follow in his and Grandpa Richard's footsteps".

"Sweetheart this is amazing".

"I'm gonna go down to the District tomorrow and tell everyone".

"I bet they'll all be proud of you".

"I know".

After hanging up Jordan laid in her bed, she kept reading the letter over and over. She had a smile on her face, Jordan was gonna continue the Voight legacy.

Hank laid wide awake in his bed, he still wasn't over the fact that his little girl got into the police academy and he had just found out. Why didn't she say anything? Besides Erin who else knew? Ever since she was a little girl, Jordan had always said she wanted to be a Detective like her father. Since she was 7 she'd dress up like a cop every Halloween.