Fugitive Father Pt 1

Jordan- 16

If it was one thing Jordan knew how to do, spot a tail. She had always picked up when someone, anyone had been following her. Whether it be her father, someone from the team, someone she knew or didn't know. The teen always knew.

The past few weeks a man had been following and spying on her, he followed her into a coffee shop one day. She kept a far distance trying to stay hidden, the man looked around trying to spot her. He left his coffee and phone on his table as he went to the bathroom. Jordan had made her move, she swiped his phone and added a few things to his coffee.

Jordan casually sat at his table across from him looking through his phone, soon the man had come back, Jordan glanced up at him.

"Do you make it a habit of making your phone easy to crack?" Jordan asked. "This was the easiest thing to crack. Broke my one record of two and a half minutes. This took me say 45 seconds roughly"

"Who are you?" The man asked, sitting down.

"No, the better questions are, who the hell are you and why are you following me?"

When the man sat down he took his coffee and drank some and immediately spit it back into his cup making Jordan smirk.

"See now I'm hurt. I found the best hot sauce to put in that along with salt and pepper. Courtesy of the school cafeteria"

He was about to say something when he actually looked at Jordan. "You...You look so much like her"

The teen frowned. "Like who?"

He swallowed. "Your mother. Anna"

A scowl appeared on her face, one of the many subjects that had always been a touchy subject for her has been and always will be her mother. She had been very cautious and protective of that subject. Just like with her brother and daughter.

"How the hell do you know my mom?"

"We worked together a long time ago, very briefly"

"So you know she died right?"

"I do. I was very sorry to hear that, you look just like her"

"I've been told. That doesn't explain why you're following me. What's your name?"

"I wanted to see if the rumors of Anna having a child were true and the name's Jacob"

"It was no secret dude. I will say you had balls for following a cop's kid. Not many people have the guts to do it. Everyone gets scared or intimidated when they find out who my dad is"

"Your dad?"

"My dad. He does what a mother does except he's a guy. He raised me. Takes care of me. Do I really have to explain this out? My dad is Sergeant Hank Voight. Intelligence, district 21"

His eyes nearly popped out of his head. Jordan chuckled. "That was the reaction I've always gotten"

"I've heard a lot of things about your father"

"Keep them to yourself. He's all I've got"

"He has a good reputation from what I hear. Almost legendary"

"I gotta go before he sends someone to find me. If you wanna see my dad, I'll tell him but otherwise don't follow me again because next time you'll get dropped on your ass and it won't be from me" She stood up and bent down to his ear. "By the way I slipped some laxative in your coffee. You should be feeling it right about..now"

He felt his stomach gurgle and he ran to the bathroom making Jordan laugh. "Never screw with a Voight"

She left the coffee shop to see Hailey there, she groaned. "Can you tell my dad, I'm 16 not 6. I don't need a babysitter"