Home at Last (4)

"Home is any place that makes you forget the      world is on fire, at least for a moment

"Home is any place that makes you forget the world is on fire, at least for a moment."

                                  -Rudy Francisco
      ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~

The tired group trudged over to where the portkeys were going out from, Lyra and Harry still slightly blushing, thinking about how they had woken up in each others arms. Hermione and Ginny had shot her smirks and raised their eyebrows at her when she had reentered their tent in the morning.

As they walked, they say a swarm of people trying to get away from the campsite as soon as possible. Seeing the destruction, Lyra grew pale and cold, she saw it. Her family's tent, untouched among the rubble and carnage left over from last nights riot. The Malfoy tent was still standing tall and unscathed, she knew everyone noticed as well, she slowed down, allowing herself to drift to the back of the group. Her eyes were on the ground, then she felt an arm wrapped round her shoulder, she looked up to see Ron's mop of red hair.

"Why are you back here Ly?" At this lyra realized that she was several feet behind the rest of the group.

"Noth-" Before Lyra could even finish she was cut off by Ron.

"Don't bother trying to hide it."

"Its just shit you know?" Lyra said, Ron hummed, urging her to continue, "I'm friends with you lot.... I care about you.... idontwantyouguystogethurtbecauseofme."

"What?" Ron said, clearly not catching any of her last sentence.

"I don't want you to get hurt because of me, Y- You know what my step father is...."

"If were to get in trouble because were friends with you, then its too bad." Ron paused, "Lyra, you're a sister to me, you're Hermione's best friend, and I don't think Harry could function without you." Lyra signed, blushing at the affection from Ron, and the mention of Harry, "We need you Ly, getting into it with your git of a step-father is nothing." Ron said firmly, putting her shoulder with his arm still wrapped around her.

Lyra smiled, "Thanks Ronnie! She giggled, ruffling his hair, her mood was dramatically elevated from Ron's pep talk. She caught Harry's eyes; he was looking at them quizzicly, a hint of jealousy radiating off of him, Lyra smirked, "Ronnie, thank you for cheering me up, Harry looks mad, Im gonna go see whats up." Ron scoffed att he nickname but released her to go run to catch up with harry.

"Hiyaa Harry." Harry did not respond, only grumbled, the image of Ron's arm around her burned into his mind. Lyra smirked at him playfully, nudging his arm. "What's got your wand in a knot, huh?" She asked glancing at his flushed face.

"Nothin." He said curtly.

"Oh please, Harold." Lyra said smirking, she knew that would get a reaction out of him.