Daisey (16)

Never felt so alive

Never felt so alive

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

"Settle down please!" Professor Mcgonagall called over the rambunctious Gryffindors. "This year, along with the tri-wizard tournament we are holding the Yule Ball."

Lyra smiled as both the Weasley twins nudged her at the same time and said, "You want to go to the ball with me?" In unison.

"No you prats." Lyra said smacking them both on the arm.

"Waiting for someone special to ask you Ly?"  Asked George smirking.

"Weasley!" Professor Mcgonagall called angrily.

"Sorry Professor..." George sang back.

The three held back laughter as Ron was called up to be the example dancer with Professor Mcgonagall. Harry, who was sitting a row in front of Lyra and the twins, joined in the laughing and hollaring as Ron waltzed around the floor.

Then the students were instructed to find a partner and begin to practice. Lyra stood up easily, and strode over to Harry.

"Dance with me Haz?" She asked smiling.

He eagerly jumped to his feet, tripping a little,  then blushing, taking her hands in his and leading her onto the floor.

While Lyra had been classically trained in ballet, (her mother insisted) she could get by with ballroom dancing. Harry on the other hand, was stumbling over her feet so frequently it looked like he was just in a prolonged state of falling.

Lyra giggled as they danced around. She kept trying to show him the steps, but when she would let him try he would just do the opposite of what she said. 

What she didn't know was that Harry understood the steps perfectly well. He just liked watching her laugh and try to teach him.

After the dance lesson, they were informed that they needed to find partners. Naturally within the following three days Lyra had been asked by a total of 6 different people. Most of which, she had never spoken to in her life.

One Ravenclaw boy made the mistake calling her a waste of time after she had rejected him. Unfortunately for him, he hadn't realized her brother was standing a few feet away. Long story short, The boy ended up in the hospital wing and Draco ended up in detention.

====

It was only a week until the Yule Ball and Ron and Harry had yet to find partners. Lyra had rejected everyone who had asked her, and Hermione had found a date. She refused to tell the boys but she told Lyra and Ginny that Victor Krum (yes THE Victor Krum) had asked her to go with him to the ball.