A tearful Christmas (38)

Together again

Together again

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lyra opened her eyes to bright white sunlight streaming through her window.

She tried to sit up, only to realize she was being held down by Harry's arm that was strewn across her waist.

She smiled, lightly lifting it off her and she sat next to him. Slightly shaking him awake.

"Harry!" She said, "Wake up its Christmas!"

"I'm up." He groaned, reluctantly, reaching for his glasses.

Lyra was a step ahead and already had them in her hand. She put them on his face and dragged him out of bed.

"I have something for you." she said excitedly.

Lyra loves gift giving, that was one of the many reasons she loved Christmas.

Harry scrambled to his feet.

"I have something for you too, one second." He raced across the hall and returned with a small box.

"Open yours first." Lyra said, handing him a box.

"Alright," he said, grinning and unwrapping it.

When he opened the small box, his grin turned into a genuine smile.

"Lyra it's-"

"Wait." she said sternly.

Taking the silver bracelet she had gifted him out of the box.

There was a small lock pendent on one of the links, and a key on another.

"Watch," she said.

She unlatched the lock, and a memory of them playing quidditch together in the Weasleys back yard appeared.

It had taken some complicated magic, but Lyra had made it work.

"Lyra....." Harry said again, his eyes filling with grateful tears, "It's so beautiful."

"If you ever need me," she said, press the key really hard.

She lifted her own wrist, her own silver bracelet wrapped around it.

"I'll feel it."

Harry pulled his best friend into a tight hug.

"This is the best gift ever, L. Thank you so much."

"Of course." she said softly, melting into his arms.

"Open yours now." He said giddily. "It's not as good as the one you got me, but..."

His face fell as he saw her, looking into the box with tears streaming down her cheeks.

"If you don't like it... I can get yo-"