Hollow (6)

"Burn out the stars with me"                                       -Butterflies rising      ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~

                                       -Butterflies rising
      ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~

Lyra tossed and turned in her sleep, more then she ever had before. Harry was usually the one who had trouble sleeping, so when Hermione had rushed into the boys dorm just before breakfast, insisting that the boys come with her to wake Lyra, their concern grew.

Lyra had only been able to get to sleep around four am. She was thrashing around in her sheets as if she was trying to escape from something. Hermione and Ron recognized this behavior well because it was how Hary looked whenever he was having a nightmare. They all walked towards the bed causiously, Harry laying a hand on her shoulder to jostle her awake. As soon as his hand touched her, she jolted upright, gasping and heaving; looking around madly for any sign of danger.

"Lyra, it's alright..." Hermione comforted the girl, "It was just a dream..."

"Yeah, erm, of course," Lyra mumbled as she took in her sureoundings, "What are you two doing here?"

"Well," Hermione started, "You were thrashing around quite a bit... I was worried..."

"And you chose these two gits to help you?" Lyra laughed, putting on a smile, "Ronald here can barely tell his left from his right!" Ron went to protest but she cut him off, "And Harry just learned to tie his tie like yesterday." She swung her legs over the side of her four poster and got up, walking over to her trunk to gather some clean robes, "Seriously Mione, next time if i'm in real danger get someone more qualified." After this, her friends were convinced that she was back to normal and told her that they'd wait for her in the common room. Harry, still trying not to blush at the short shorts and tank top she had been wearing as pajamas, exited looking particularly flustered.

As soon as they had left, Lyra let out a sign and laid back down on her bed. Burying her head in the crimson pillow. She was exhausted. Vivid images of her horrifying dreams still playing on a loop in her mind. Then she decided to pull herself together. Using magic to do her hair, while she put on her usual simple makeup. Her dark eyeliner making her silver eyes pop, highlighter and blush on her cheeks and nose, mascara (of course) and lip gloss, that she claimed made her lips much more kissable. Today she added some concealer to hide the deep bags under her eyes from her lack of restful sleep. She laced up her black platform converse with her uniform, and she was on her way out the door. She walked briskly past her friends and towards the portrait, her canvas tote filled with books swung over her shoulder.

"Let's go you lot!" She called at them, "I'm starving."

===