Drunken Chess (39)

You drew memories in my mind, I could never erase

You painted colors in my heart, I could never replace.
Perry Poetry

~~~~~~~~~~~

The rest of break went extremely well.

Lyra spent her days with her family and friends, trying to forget about her troubles.

She had been going through quidditch strategies with Ron and Ginny. The girls were hoping it would boost Ron's confidence to have a little more preparation, but every time they suggested going over the plays, Ron got all nervous and hesitant.

It was the day that they were going to go back to Hogwarts.

Lyra lugged her trunk down the stairs, her cat Andy in her carrying case tucked under her arm. Her jeans were so long, she was almost tripped and sent flying down the stairs.

"Hurry up!!" She shouted at Draco, who was walking down the stairs at a snails pace.

"Why are you in such a rush?" he said, slowly turning around to face her, then continuing down the stairs at an even slower speed.

"God, I forgot how annoying you are." she said jokingly, as she set her trunk down. "Hi Remus!"
she greeted their old professor, she gave him a side hug as it was the first time they had seen him since the summer.

"Thanks for the book." She added, smiling.

"I hope you find it useful, Lyra." he said, smiling back at her. "I've been meaning to speak to you, about your occlumency, with Snape. Have you found it helpful?"

"It's been fairly helpful, I can't always stop my visions but I can control when I have them for the most part."

"Good. Very good. I'm not sure if Harry has told you, but he will also be taking occlumency lessons with Snape."

"He didn't mention it, but it makes sense. Since he's been having visions and all, while not being a seer. Logical next step."

Remus chuckled lightly, "I suppose you're right, we probably should've don't this sooner."

"How have you been?" Lyra asked, then added quietly, "Really."

"It's hard. It's hard to be away from everyone, you know, normal civilization."

"I've heard most of the werewolves are on Voldemorts side, is that true?"

"Unfortunately, the rumors you've heard are true." he sighed, "The dark lord is promising them a life where they won't have to hide. He's allowing them free rein, to kill, or eat whoever they want." He ran his hands through his hair. "Promising them equal status to wizards, something he surely won't give them."

Lyra nodded solemnly.

"Let's go! The bus will be here in three minutes!"
Dora shouted as all those who would be returning to Hogwarts stood in the doorway with their things.