The First Task (14)

An unfinished feeling-Sylvia Plath~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Sylvia Plath
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been about a week since Lyra had her vision melt down. She had written to Dora shortly after,

Dumbledore told me not to tell, but I just have to.

I saw so many things Dora, so many horrible things.

At the beginning it was people dying. Men, women, and children. Everyone was being destroyed by this dark energy. There were so many people suffering.

It felt like I was watching for hours, and then, I saw Harry's parents. I saw Harry. Then it ended.

The silence was almost too loud. I couldn't see and I couldn't open my eyes. I was stuck.

Then all of a sudden I saw Mad eye moody, a cup, a graveyard and a snake. Then it started again.

This time there were no faces, it was black, but I heard awful things. So many screams and so many cries. Dora, I thought I was going mad. Well, I might still be going mad.

I'm afraid somethings gonna happen during this tournament. I saw the cup. Dumbledore says there's nothing we can do except try to ward off any more intense visions. He says I can learn to control them.

Dora, I'm so afraid. I'm so afraid something bad's gonna happen.

Write back soon,
Lyra

===

It was the morning of the first task and Lyra stood in the common room waiting for Harry. Herself and Hermione had been helping him prepare for weeks and it felt as if they were competing with him.

Hermione had already gone down to breakfast but Lyra felt too sick to eat. She knew Harry would be the same way so she had taken the liberty of grabbing him a muffin and pumpkin juice in a small styrofoam cup that she had Dobby bring to her.

When he came down the stairs, Lyra silently handed him his breakfast and the three friends descended the stairs in silence listening only to the sound of Lyra's pale lilac converse hitting every other step as she skipped down them dangerously fast.

Hermione began to protest the girls reckless actions, but decided against it when she saw the slightly queasy look on Harry's face.

"Are you going to be sick?" The bushy haired girl asked.

"No... erm, I don't think..." Harry replied coughing a bit.

"You're gonna be fine." Lyra declared, her voice uncharacteristically light, "We've practiced enough I think... and I'm sure Dumbledore won't let anything bad happen." In her mind, Lyra was laughing maniacally. How many times had they relied on Dumbledore's protection just to be let down? That was besides the point though, Lyra was only hoping that Harry could make it through this task by himself.