Yule (17)

Meet me, where the falling stars live

Meet me, where the falling stars live. I will wait for you day and night

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Stop." Lyra said, under her breath, "Stepping. Ouch. On. My. Feet."

"Sorry," Harry muttered, smiling, trying to avoid Lyras white heels.

They were dancing in front of the whole school, dancing quite terribly thanks to Harry, but they were both beaming all the same.

Eventually, the first dance was over, and Harry and Lyra made their way over to the head table, where the judges, champions, and partners were to be sitting.

Harry and Lyra both ordered their food and tried to ignore Ron's brother, Percy, as he explained why he would be taking over for Mister Crouch.

Percy was a sucker for power. First he was a prefect, then Head Boy, and after that he found some of the most powerful people at the ministry to work under, waiting to make his way up the ranks. It made sense. He grew up in a poor family and now he wants to break free of the stigma that comes along with the Weasley name.

Lyra thought that was a bullshit excuse. She would give anything to be born into a family like the Weasleys, and if she were, she would be proud to carry their name, unlike Percy.

Lyra knew deep down that Percy loved his family, but she also knew that he was still an arrogant git.

Lyra and Harry looked over to Hermione and Krum. They were chatting adamantly.

"I've never even heard him speak before now." Lyra said quietly.

"Me either."

"It seems like he really likes her."

"Good for Hermione." Harry smiled.

"Bad for Ron." Lyra replied, gesturing over to where Ron was sitting. He was glaring at Hermione and Krum from his table across the hall.

Harry laughed, "he'll get over it".

"You know I am so glad Mr. Crouch knew he had someone to rely on!" Percy cut in, totally interrupting their conversation.

"Yes that's great Perce," Lyra said, rolling her eyes in Harry's direction, causing him to hold back a laugh.

"Zis is nothing." Fleur was complaining from the other side of Percy, "At Beaubaxtons, we have none of zis ugly armor, we have beautiful woodnymphs and zi most beautiful decorations for Christmas."