Poisoned Mind (13)

Poison seeped into her mind, and then she was gone~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~     ~

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Constant Vigilance." Professor Moody said gruffly, causing Lyra to jolt from her lounged position between Hermione and Draco.

"Bloody hell..." she muttered rubbing her eyes.

"Long night Miss Malfoy?" the professor asked.

"Didn't sleep-" she let out a huge yawn, "much." She finished. She and Hermione had been up late helping Harry with his plan for the first task. They had all crashed in the common room over what had to be dozens of books.

"That's a shame I wouldn't want you to miss out on today's lesson." he quipped sarcastically.

"Oh you know me professor," she smirked, "attentive and ready to go."

If this had been any other professor, she would've gotten scolded at, but Moody just chuckled.

"Put away your books," Moody addressed the class, "You won't need em today." 

"Ooo, how intriguing!" Lyra mused, earning grins from Harry and Draco and a "Shhh!" from Hermione.

Moody walked to the front of the classroom, his wooden leg clunking at each step. He pulled a spider out of a glass jar, sending a shiver up Lyra's spine. Lyra hated spiders just as much as Ron. Not being able to talk to him was killing her, but if he couldn't trust his best friend, she didn't want anything to do with him until he was set straight.

She glanced over at him, he was sitting next to Seamus and Dean, the fear was evident on his paling face.

Lyra looked back to the front, seeing that Moody had enlarged the spider, making it easier to see and much more frightening.

Lyra reached for the first person she could grab, which happened to be Hermione.

"I hate this bloody lesson." Lyra whispered clinging to Hermiones side.

"It's just a spider Ly, it's not that bad."

"Easy for you to say, you've never-", before Lyra could tell the origin story of her and Ron's fear of spiders for the millionth time, Moody began addressing the class.

"Can anyone name one of the three unforgivable curses?"

Silence rang through the room louder than the biggest bell on the Hogwarts grounds.