Suitors (28)

I wish you were only mine

~~~~~~~~~~

"Boyysss!" Lyra screamed from the bottom of the stairs. She, Hermione, and Ginny were standing with their trunks ready to leave for Kings Cross. The girls had been enduring Mrs. Weasleys complaining for about ten minutes because the boys were late, and they were tired of hearing it.

"Oi! We're coming now!" Ron yelled back, him and Harry lugging their own trunks down the winding staircase.

Then came Fred and George, who had been using magic in every way possible since they had turned seventeen. They had their trunks levitating behind them as they descended.

Molly started yelling about how unsafe they were being as the rest of them scrambled to get out of the door before they were targeted.

Mad Eye, Tonks, Lupin, and Sirius (in dog form) stood outside.

"We'll be taking you in two groups for your protection." Mad eye said.

"Why do we need protection?" Ron asked, confused.

"We've always needed protection when we travel with harry," Hermione said in a tone that said 'duh', "Now Voldemort is staying at the Malfoy he knows Lyra's on our side. She could be in danger too."

Ron said nothing, just nodding, looking like he wished he would have gathered that for himself.

"Lyra, Fred, and Hermione will be going with Tonks and Lupin. Harry, Ginny, Ron and Fred, will be going with Myself and Molly."

Sirius was nudging Mad-Eyes hand aggressively.

"Padfoot Dumbledore said not to come." He growled.

Sirius just walked to Lyra, rubbing his head on her leg.

"Fine." Moody said, "But if you get caught we're not savin ya."

The groups split, Harry's group getting into a black car with tinted windows, the driver being another member of the order, and Lyra's group stood on the corner waiting for the arrival of the night bus.

As they boarded the bus, Lupin directed them all to the empty seats in the back, and went to talk to the driver.

Sirius curled himself up at Lyra's feet, as she patted his head softly.

It was a short ride, Fred looked impossibly bored, clearly longing for his twin as Hermione talked his ear off about his upcoming N.E.W.Ts.

Lyra just enjoyed the time with her cousins and Lupin.

"I'm gonna miss you Dora." She said quietly, "I don't know how I'm gonna do it without you."

"Don't be silly," Tonks replied, "You'll have everyone else, plus i'm just an owl away."