The Come and Go Room(33)

A mind full of unsaid things -bliss ~~~~~~~~~~~

-bliss
~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a day after their meeting in the Hogshead, and Lyra and Harry were opening the secret door to the kitchens.

"Miss Malfoy! Mr. Potter!" squealed the house elf barreling towards the pair, "It's so good to see you! Dobby has missed you both very much!"

"Good to see you too, Dobby." Lyra giggled, hugging the elf, who was wearing mismatched socks pulled up above his knees, and a jumper that was about two sizes too large.

"Would you like some tea? Biscuits?" He asked politely, the other elves in the kitchen looking eagerly at them.

"I'll take some biscuits, please," Lyra said, when Harry looked at her, knowing she wasn't one to eat many biscuits she added, "For Ron." Lyra smiled at the elves who excitedly got to work.

Harry grinned at her, momentarily forgetting why they were there.

She was so thoughtful, that was one of the things he loved most about her.

"Dobby," Lyra said kindly, snapping Harry back to reality, "We have a question for you."

"Of course! Dobby will always help his friends Lyra and Harry."

"Thanks Dobby." Harry smiled.

"Is there a place in the castle, that say... twenty five people could gather to practice magic without being caught?"

Dobby seemed to think for a minute, then he looked up at them with wide eyes.

"I do know a place..." He said, "It's not very popular see, it's a very secret place."

"Where is it?" Lyra asked, sitting down on the floor to be more level with Dobby.

"The other elves calls it the come and go room, some call it, the room of requirement."

"Go on," Harry prompted, mirroring Lyra and taking a seat on the floor.

"It's called that because it only appears to those who need it, or those who seek it." Dobby continued, "It becomes exactly what the needy witch or wizard desires."

"Can you tell us how to get there?" Harry asked.

Dobby explained to them, as the other elves packed up a basket of biscuits and handed them over to Lyra.

As Harry and Lyra left the kitchen, they promised Dobby a new pair of socks.

The two took a stroll to the owlry, Harry had to write to Sirius and Lyra to Dora.

When Lyra had sent her letter she watched as Harry fervently scrolled word's onto his parchment. She couldn't help but wonder what he was writing about.

They walked to the common room, chatting about their upcoming first quidditch match and plans for the DA.

Harry noticed that some of Lyra was back to normal. Her smile reached her eyes, and her hair looked brushed and shiny.