she understands him (26)

She found the colors to paint him, where the world had left him grayAtticus

where the world had left him gray
Atticus

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lyra yawned and opened her eyes to see light flooding through her window. It had been three days since harry had arrived and every night he had stayed in her room with her. Every night they had both slept for eight hours.

There was no waking up in screams, and Lyra had no visions. (Unless you count the one she wanted to have.) Lupin was teaching Lyra to channel her powers. To only see when she wanted or needed to.

Lyra sat up in bed, looking around at her grey and lavender colored walls. The light bounced off the plants hung from her ceiling and reflected onto her mirror in a perfect rainbow.

She turned to look at Harry, who's face was smushed into a pillow, his glasses crushed below his arm.

Lyra smiled and took grabbed the glasses, setting them on the night table.

She walked to her desk, a little skip in her step from a full night of rest.

She grabbed her lighter, and a pre rolled joint and opened her window to the fire escape.

After ten minutes, the sun had risen higher in the sky and Harry had began to stir. The faint smell of cannabis and lavender floating into the room.

"Morning," He heard from the window, he looked over to see Lyra's glowing smile.

"Morning, Ly." He smiled back, searching his side of the bed for his glasses.

"On the night stand," Lyra said as she closed the window behind her, grabbing a change of clothes and a towel, "How are you feeling?"

Harry watched as she set her stuff down in her bathroom and sat next to him on the bed. "About?" He asked, playing dumb.

"I know you know what i'm talking about."

They were set to be cleaning all day and Harry would be out of the house before dawn the next day for his hearing at the ministry.

"I'm alright."

"Harry you don't-"

"I'm alright." He said, walking out and leaving Lyra alone sitting on his side of the bed.

——————————

They had been cleaning the study for three hours.

The dust was hardened on the walls and there were magical bugs and critters living in every cabinet and beneath every couch.

Mrs. Weasley had gone to prepare lunch, so naturally Lyra and the twins were shoveling stunned doxies into a bag so the twins could experiment with their venom.

"How many of those bloody things do you need?!" Ron exclaimed, staring at the full bag they had gathered.

"As many as possible, little brother." Fred replied.