Chapter 66 Enough Tears

Third pov

Marinette could honestly say that if it wasn't for her needing to recruit Marc, she would've pleaded to be allowed to stay home. It would have worked, especially as she looks like she feels.

(AKA Half Dead.)

"Marinette!"

She looks up just in time to see Aurore coming towards her. The blonde hugged her as soon as she reached her.

"I'm so happy to see you. I thought you'd be staying home. Especially after- y'know..." She trailed off as she realized it might not be something Marinette wants to talk about.

"Yeah, I was thinking about staying home, but, well, I haven't seen you guys in months." Marinette scratches the back of her head sheepishly.

Aurore smiled. "We've missed you too. The Quantic kids told me they got to meet you and that you were mostly fine, but i really wanted to see for myself." Her voice got a little quieter. "We saw the video. Then when you didn't come home we weren't sure..."

Marinette rubs her friends back. "To be honest, i wasn't sure for a moment either. It was, terrefying... but I'm still here. A bit more scarred but I'm here."

Aurore nods, then tries another bright smile. (Marinette doesn't have the heart to tell her it's not looking very real.). "Let's go see the others."

The two of them went into the schools mostly empty library.

"Did you hear that Bustier and the principal got fired? I think it was about time. They were awful at best and downright abusive at worst." The blonde shook her head. "You have a new teacher now. Apparently he's originally from the US but he moved here as a child. His name is Eric Coleman."

Marinette was content to listen to one of her reporter friends talk. It made her feel right at home.

"Marinette!"

"Mari!"

"Nettie!"

"Dudette!"

There was no time to react as she suddenly had in order, Claude, Allegra, Adrien and Nino hanging from/hugging her.

"Guys, air!"

And with that she is let go and can once again enjoy the wonderful past time of breathing.

"We've missed you. You can never go away again!"

"Claude, you saw me a few days ago."

"Irrelevant. You are Marinette of house Dupain-Cheng, queen of this dreary city, mother of everything good, destroyer of liars, breaker of bad fashion trends. We need you here."

Once the dramatic speech was done Marinette was laughing so hard it was hard to breathe. "Alright, who decided to show Claude Game of Thrones?"

She got no answer since everyone was laughing as hard as she had been.

Time skip

Once the day ended Marinette had done a great deal of things like;

Avoided her classmates (Lila included).

Met her new teacher. (A very nice man that had somehow gotten her class to listen to authority.)

Learnt new things in class.

Nearly been smothered.

Kicked akuma ass.

Realized that she needs to eat even more now that school is back in her life.

And now, now she was walking with a strangely quiet Marc beside her.

"Are you okay?"

"Shouldn't i ask you that?"