Chapter 21 Getting to know each other

Third pov

For the next week everything was relatively normal for Marinette. School, defending herself from the class, a few akuma calls and getting to know Damian better.

She did share the bats real identities with her team, Luka and Kagami included, but they thought it was up to her to decide if she wanted to trust them.

So far it's been a bit difficult.

It's not like she can just come up to them and say "Hey, don't be alarmed but I'm Ladybug and i know your secret identities."

Like that would go over well...

"You okay, Mari?"

Marinette looked up from where she'd been glaring at her coffee. "What?"

Adrien and Chloe were both looking at her with amusement clearly displayed on their faces.

"You've been glaring at your coffee for the last ten minutes. Anything on your mind?"

Marinette sighed and sipped her drink. "Everything is a great big mess. And I'm the biggest mess of them all."

Chloe patted her head sympathetically. "There, there, you'll be alright. Maybe we can get you together with someone."

Marinette groaned. "And who would that be? Teen heroes aren't that easy to find."

Adrien smirked. "I don't know about that. A little birdie in this city seems to like you. Didn't he ask you to hang out with him after school today?"

"I remember that. Our little darling is going on a date!~" Chloe said in a sing song voice.

Marinette groaned and hid her face in her hands. "I don't know why I hang out with you two..."

They laughed.

"Laughing at my misery...." She grumbled as they got up to go to the bus.

Nino tried to approach them but was stopped by Alya glaring at him.

*******************************************************

Time skip

Damien knew he really was in way over his head when he asked Marinette to hang out with him.

He knew and he asked anyways.

Because- because he likes her.

Now that was terrifying in itself to realize.

And even worse was that he realized it with his brothers in the room.

It was mortifying once they realized he'd been thinking about a girl.

He had to hide in his room for the rest of the night while trying to sort out his own head.

And now he was walking side by side with Marinette as they went down a smaller and older part of Gotham.

"How is it going with your class?"

She shrugged. "Different from day to day. Some days they leave me alone, other days they try to push me around."

Damian could safely say that he didn't like the majority of her class. Especially not the Rossi girl. Her lying, manipulating nature is revolting in Damian's mind and he's happy his father promised to investigate the class despite Marinette and her friends having given up on it.

But right now, he doesn't want to talk about Rossi. "What do you like to do?"

Marinette looked surprised. Like the idea of someone asking her that was something foreign. Although with how the people around her acts, it probably is.

"Um, well, I'm a designer, so I sketch a lot and i like looking around fabric shops and antique stores and stuff like that."

And that gave him an idea of where to take her.

"Then I might know a place you'll like."

He led her to one of the oldest parts of Gotham where a few old but cute shops laid. One of them doubling as an antique store and a fabric store.

Marinette's eyes widened as she saw it and Damian barely had time to react before she was excitedly pulling him along.

Do you think I'm doing to little interactions between these two?

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)