Chapter 56 Visits

Third pov

Sabine Cheng was impressed by the Wayne manor.

But that didn't change the fact that she was very curious about how her daughter constantly got into these situations.

Not only in Gotham but Paris as well.

"Mrs Cheng, it is a pleasure to meet you. My name is Alfred Pennyworth." An older man shook her hand.

"It's lovely to meet you Mr Pennyworth, Marinette has been saying so much good about you." Her english had an accent to it.

"Please do call me Alfred, come on in, I'll show you to a sitting room."

The inside of the manor was just as beautiful as the outside.

There were tons of paintings on the walls, antique furniture and chandeliers hanging from the ceiling.

The room she was shown did look like it was used regularly. (There was a hoodie forgotten on one of the couches and several books left on the coffee table, for one.)

"If you wait here Mrs Cheng, I will inform your daughter of your arrival."

Sabine nodded and sat down.

Very soon the door opened and if it hadn't been for years of being a mother her jaw would have dropped.

Her darling girl looked worse in person.

Black and blue end yellow covered what she could see of her and she was careful when she hugged her. "My precious baby girl." She mumbled into her hair.

"I missed you maman."

For a good long while they stayed in that hug.

When Sabine let go she looked her over properly. "Do you want to talk about what happened?"

They had heard about what happened but Marinette hadn't wanted to say anything.

She shook her head. "I don't... I'm still processing. I haven't even watched the video yet."

Sabine made her sit on the couch. "That's okay, honey. Take the time you need. Rushing trauma never helped anyone."

Truth to be told Sabine hadn't watched the video either.

"I stabbed him. They say he won't walk again." Marinette admitted.

She looked guilty over the fact and Sabine couldn't help but feel like Marinette sometimes had too big of a heart.

"You protected yourself."

***********************************************************************

The boys + Bruce kept their distance so Marinette and her mother could talk undisturbed.

When they emerged from the sitting room they realized quickly who Marinette had taken after in terms of will power.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Mrs Cheng." Time shook her hand.

Mrs Cheng smiled. "It's nice to meet you too Tim. I hope your job isn't being to diffcult that your thinking about drowning in caffeine."

She looked at the gigantic coffe cup.

Tim blushed. "It's filled with water. Alfred hid the coffee maker."

Mrs Cheng looked happy with that.

The rest of the family held back laughter........

.... Until it was their turn.

"So you're Marinette's boyfriend." Mrs Cheng said looking at Damian. "Don't forget to be safe-"

"Mom!"

Time skip

Bruce could safely say that he respected (Cough fear cough) mrs Cheng.

The woman is tiny, terrefying and ready to throw hands with god.

Just like her daughter.

And she's been trading recipes with Alfred.

"You look worried." Marinette said with an amused look on her face.

Bruce knows, he just knows that the girl is enjoying this.

"Your mother is terrefying."

The only response he got was a big Cheshire grin.

Time skip

******************************************************

Marinette could hear the sighs of relief when her mom went back home. She couldn't blame them, her mother was probably more motherly than they were used to.

Time skip

Marinette hadn't seen her own back yet.

And now, standing in front of the full body mirror, she wishes she still hadn't.

It's a cris cross of healing scars and fading bruises and somewhere in her mind she hears herself wondering if it's really her body she's looking at.

Up until now the miraculous cure has saved her from a lot of lasting damage as a superhero.

It feels a bit ironic that the first obvious permanent reminders of a villain didn't come as a superhero or even from Hawkmoth.

No, instead it came as a civilian, and because she was trying to save someone else.

"Do they hurt?" Plagg asked he landed on the sink.

"No." She runs. Her fingers over the scabs on her lower back. "I barely feel more than a small itch." It's the truth. She hasn't even thought about it. Her hip had been more of a problem, really.

There was a knock on the door. "Beloved, are you alright?" Damian asked from the other side of the door.

"I'm fine, I'll be just a minute longer!" She called back.

She pulls on a black tanktop before opening the door.

Damian has the small genuine smile on his lips. (He smiles a lot around her, Dick mentioned once). "Are you ready to meet the guests? They're friends of father, the youngest son is a friend of mine and the older is Tim's friend."

"I'm ready."

They leave her room to greet the Kent family.

*****************************************************

As soon as Alfred tells them that the Kent's are visiting the bets are up on how long it will take before Marinette figures out the Superman thing.

Clark and Lois are both smiling as they greet Bruce.

Connor hugs Tim and Jon introduces himself to Marinette.

"Hello, it's nice to meet you, my name's Jon." He smiled happily.

Marinette smiled too (the smile was contagious). "It's nice to meet you, I'm Marinette."

***********************************************************

Clark was face to face with the teen hero Bruce had taken in (cough adopted cough).

He tried his journalist smile. "Hello, it's nice to meet you. I've heard a lot about you from Bruce."

She didn't say anything, just tilted her head.

He heard snickering from the others around them.

"Glasses? That's your disguise?" She narrowed her eyes at him.

Clark did not know how to answer that. "I'm afraid i don't know what you're talking about."

"Suuure, you don't. I believe that about as much as i belive your disguise. Seriously, it's awful. It's even worse than Bruce not making Dick and Jason wear pants!" She growled and stomped over to Damian and Jon.

(It dawned on Clark that Bruce had apparently found a mini mix of Jason, himself and Alfred and decided to adopt it.)

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)