Chapter 18 Bats

Third pov

Flashback

"May I ask why you want us to stay away?"

Ladybug sighed. "It's safer for everyone. Anyone with strong feelings can get turned into an akuma. And having someone like Wonder Woman or Superman turn into one would ruin Paris. I hope I'm not stepping on any toes, I'm just trying to look our for my team and the people I've sworn to protect."

Robin couldn't deny the respect he felt in that moment. Giving everything to keep your people safe.

But still, something inside him wondered how long they really think they'll last.

"I can understand that. But maybe we should meet up and talk more about this. You are still young, don't you want to know that if it's needed you have people to back you up?" Batman asked.

Robin could hear the slight pleading tone his father had. It made him just as uneasy as the rest of them to leave these teens to their own possible demise.

The spotted heroine hesitated but nodded. "I can meet you tomorrow night. If that works."

End flashback

Damian looked for Marinette as soon as he entered the classroom. He found her sitting in her place at the back, beside him.

The tired look in her eyes told him that she hadn't gotten much sleep after meeting them on the rooftops.

"Would you like to eat lunch with me?"
The question honestly slipped out but Damian couldn't really regret it as a small spark lit up in her eyes and she gave him a tired, but genuine smile.

"I would like that."

Time skip

Damian and Marinette sat in the courtyard, both eating sandwiches Alfred made. Somehow he'd figured out to make more than usual.

He isn't really surprised. Alfred knows everything.

Marinette bit into hers and gave a delighted groan. "These are amazing."

Damian chuckled. "Alfred is the best at cooking at home. At least out of the ones of us allowed in the kitchen"

She looked at him, curiosity shining in her eyes. "Who isn't allowed in the kitchen?"

He took a bite of his sandwich. "Well, father has been banned since he was a teenager, Grayson once set fire to a bowl of cereal, then there's Drake, he's allowed in the kitchen as long as he's only using the coffee maker."

When he finished Marinette looked to be holding back laughter. "Dick set fire to cereal?"

He nodded. "We still have yet to figure out how."

Marinette started giggling.

They ate the rest of their lunch in peace and went to the next class.

**************************************************************

Marinette told Chloe about meeting Batman and Robin and she wanted to come with to the next one.

And so Adrien was warned and they headed out to the rooftop they were supposed to meet at.

When they reached it Robin and Batman weren't the only ones there.

There was the Red Hood and Nightwing as well.

And the familiar feeling she had with Batman and Robin extended to them too.

Red Hood gave a little wave. "Let's get this meeting started."

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)