Chapter 36 Luka

Third pov

Luka watched the sunset from one of his favorite places on the Eiffel tower.

The oranges and reds and yellows calmed him. Helped him think. Helped him relax.

And he's happy to take the comfort.

God knows there's not much for him and his friends to cling to.

Kagami is suspicious and brutal in anything she takes on.

Chloe is tense. Always ready for the next attack. The next person looking to hurt them.

Marinette is tired and on guard. Poor thing never gets a full nights rest. Luka knows, he's sat with her on the nights were the nightmares are just too much. Too real, too close.

And Adrien is cracking beneath the pressure Gabriel Agreste puts on him. He's tired and quiet and always listening. Anything so he can feel like he has control over something, anything.

Personally?

He feels the pressure on his own mind. The dark place threatening to drag him under.

How many times had he turned back time?

How many times had he seen his friends suffer?

How many times had he seen them die?

Too many. Too many for his head to feel alright with it.

But he'll continue. For his family, for his friends, for himself.

For Paris.

For the chance that tomorrow will be better.

I'm sorry it's short. I really wanted to add this.

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)