Chapter 15 Dinner part 3

Third pov

Jason didn't like it.

Sure, it's hypocrisy. He knows that. After all he became Robin when he was younger than them.

But, there's still something that feels wrong seeing kids that had choices get them taken away. Instead being pushed into the hero/vigilante buisness because of others actions.

Because of others choices.

It pisses him off.

He watched the kids reactions as Bruce talked about their shitty teacher.

Chloe got something hard in her expression for a moment, that relaxed into a disinterest.

Other blondie was a lot harder to read.

Marinette however, she made him a bit hesitant as she spoke. She said everything in a way that subtly told you not to argue with her.

A tone he can't remember anyone other than Alfred or Bruce having.

The other two just seamlessly fit beside her. A silent, steady support.

One hell of a sight to see from three teenagers.

******************************************************************************

Chloe had her sights on the whole room.

Every miracoulus holder had their roles. Like the black cat and ladybug are warriors, the bee is a protector. The bee protects her hive, and eliminate threats if need be.

And Chloe has no intention of slacking of while on uncharted territory.

No way.

"Please, could you tell us more about akumas? I looked after I saw the battle on Chloe's phone earlier but I could only find something called the Ladyblog." Tim asked.

There was a curious glimpse in his eyes and Chloe answered.

"Most of the videos are bullshit, like the ones with Liar Rossi in them. But the videos with the fighting are real." She drank some of her water. "Hawkmoth prays on negative emotions, once he finds someone with negative emotions he sends out a purple butterfly called an akuma, when the akuma reaches the intended victim it merges with something the person is either wearing or holding."

"That turns them into a kind of monster that sets out to cause destruction to the price of finding Chat Noir's Ring and Ladybugs earrings." Adrien finished.

Damian frowned. "How do you defeat them?"

Chloe shared a quick look with Marinette. A quiet question.

Do you answer, or do I?

Marinette sighed. "The team fights the akuma, breaks the thing holding the butterfly and Ladybug purify it. Then she uses her lucky charm to return things to normal."

**************************************************************

Dick frowned. "Don't they get hurt?"

Three faces paled considerably.

"They do."

"What happens afterwards with them?"

Marinette shrugged. "Don't know. You'll have to ask them. Or Chloe."

"I was Queen Bee for a day, but I was childish and outed my identity." Chloe looked a bit embaressed. "After that I understood why I couldn't be a hero anymore, however, I wasn't around long enough to know what happens with potential injuries."

After that the conversation quieted as they ate.

Only at the end did Bruce speak again. "Is there a way for people to contact the heroes?"

There. A subtle flinch, and suspicion from all three.

"Well, I have a way to contact her." Marinette resultantly admitted. "But it's for emegencies."

"You know her?" Tim asked.

Chloe gave her an almost unnoticeable nod.

"I guess you could compare it to what I've read about Batman's relationship with Gotham's police. If she's needed, then she comes when I call."

Dick supresssed a smile as Bruce eye twitched a bit.

******************************************************************

Alfred knows that he's done more in his life then most do in two life times.

But one thing that will always stay with him was his time as the holder of the peacock miracoulus.

Dusuu had been his closest companion on the battlefield.

His closest friend.

Loosing him had hurt more than anything. For a long time he'd been bitter, he'd mourned his friend.

But now, now there were more holders.

The difference being that he had been an adult when he recieved the miraculous from the army.

These are children.

Children fighting a war they shouldn't have to, and Alfred can't help but wonder what the Guardian had been thinking when giving them this tremendous power and responsibility.

Considering what the years have thrown at them he is surprised they haven't buckled under it.

When he passes by the hallway to the kitchen he passes young master Adrien's bag and see something dart back into his bag.

Something black with a tail.

Instead of showing any reactions he went into the kitchen.

Considering that Kwamii's leaving their holders side happens about as often as master Bruce taking a vacation, Alfred guessed that young Adrien is "Chat Noir", the black cat.

That left miss Marinette as Ladybug and miss Chloe as Honey Bee.

With how tight knit their group is Alfred highly doubts they'll get more information tonight.

However, the city's vigilante's might.

Dinner chapters are almost over.

What do you think about my portrayal of everyone?

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)