Chapter 1 Marinette

Third pov

Four years.

For four years they'd fought Hawkmoth.

Four years of hurt, broken bones, bruises, concussions, pushing emotions into that tiny box to shove as far back into your mind as possible.

And they weren't any closer to an end than they were three years before.

The only thing having changed was that Hawkmoth no longer cared if the akumas tried to kill them or not.

Marinette didn't know whether to laugh or cry. The feeling of broken ribs and bruises on every body part had become so normal that she started her day checking for injuries.

The Lucky Charm could only do so much. Sure, it repaired every bulding that had been destroyed during an attack and could bring people back to life. But she's still a teenager. Her powers are still evolving along with her growing.
And she doesn't have the ability to get rid of the pain and all the injuries for her team.

They don't blame her. None of them do. But she still feels guilt weighing on her mind whenever her team winces as they go back to what they were doing before their day was interupted by whatever poor citizen couldn't keep lock on their negative emotions anymore.

Marinette was happy to de-transform once back in her room.

Her ribs ached from a particularly hard hit from the latest akuma.

She gave Tikki the batch of chocolate chip cookies on her table. The kwamii took two and went to her nest beneath her holders desk. The tiny godess deserved any rest she could get in Marinette's opinion.

The darkhaired teen was very happy that it was Saturday. It meant she could try to sleep of any effects of the early morning/night akuma.

Sleep came easy for once. Not filled with nightmares of things she could never explain to her parents.

****************************************

The darkhaired teen could admit that it was in no way for her class sake that she submitted her essay to the competition to go to Gotham.

After spending so much time jugling her responsibility as class president, her duties as Ladybug, Madame Bustier trying to make her handle the class, her steadily rising, although anonymous fame as MDC and the lingering pains and nightmares from her superhero activities, she felt it was time to do something new.

When she found the competition where the winner would get to go to America to see how the school system there worked AND tour through Gotham, she felt that maybe, just maybe this could be the break she needed.

Maybe someone could kidnap Lie-la while they're there....

Chloe bumped her shoulder as they walked to school. After Sabrina left her for the liar they had became fast friends. "I know that look. Spill."

Marinette chuckled. "I'm hoping someone will kidnap Lie-la while in Gotham."

"Now that is something I wouldn't mind either.." Chloe grumbled. She hated the girl with a passion. "Wait.." She stopped briefly. "You've already gotten the results in? We won?"

Marinette nodded, a smile on her face as she was nearly tackled by the happy blonde.

"Yes! I knew no one could beat you."

The two continued walking.

"It was just to write down different things the class had done to help the community. Don't get me wrong, it's great they're helping others but i really don't have it in me to care about them anymore."

Six months after Lila had come back and threatened her, she'd made good on the threath. She'd turned almost the entire class against her. Made her into an outcast.

If it hadn't been for Adriens silent, but steady support and Chloe's very vocal and steady support, she would've gone under.

The majority of the class had tripped her, bumped into her or tried to start something more than once and if she tried to defend herself she was suddenly the bad guy.

It was exhausting to say the least.

At least she had her team on her side.

The team now consisted of more than just her and Chat as permanent heroes. There was also Kagami as Ryuko, Luka as Viperion, and since Queen Bee couldn't come back Chloe had to take a new name as Honey Bee.

Adrien, Chloe and Marinette had found out each others identities by accident.

Though it was bound to happen at some point considering just how much time they spent together. After that it turned out that Kagami and Luka apparently had figured it out too.

After all the talk of secret identities it was kinda funny.

But it did provide them with a valuable support since they couldn't tell anyone outside their group. And the now battle hardened teens needed each other to pull through.

*******************************************

Chloe let Marinette walk deep in thoughts, occasionally making sure she didn't walk into anything.

If you had told her three years ago that the two would become friends she would've laughed in your face.

But, she was very happy that that's how it turned out.

She became best friends with Marinette Dupain-Cheng.

And she is happy she did.

Marinette had given her the push she needed to become a better person. To be happy with herself. And the fact that her parents had practically adopted her just made her even more happy.

Finding out Ladybugs identity had been one wild ride. And honestly a bit embarrassing after everything she's done.

But Marinette had still given her a chance.

She'd even given her a Miraculous.

And Chloe would eternally be grateful for the chance to prove herself to her hero and best friend, and to herself.

She grabbed Marinette's arm once they reached the school and the two teen girls squared up to meet the day.

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated and i really want to know what you think :)