Chapter 31 Hurricane Marinette

Italics = french

Third pov

Damian looked into the sewing room.

He had, thanks to Alfred, managed to escape his brothers.

It looked like a hurricane had gone through and in the middle of it sat Marinette fixing Jason's jacket.

She didn't look up, not even noticing his precense as she continued her work.

As not to startle her he made sure she could hear him enter. "How has your day been, angel?"

Her head snappes up, a look of surprise that morphed into a smile on her face. "Hi Dami, i've been okay. How's your day been?"

It sounded a bit stilted, like she had to remind herself not to speak french.

"You can speak french if it easier." He sat down beside her on the floor.

She froze before flicking his shoulder. "You speak french!"

He chuckled. "I do. Now, do tell what you're doing."

That seemingly got Marinette's focus ridiculously fast. "First i fixed Bruce's suit, now I'm fixing Jason's jacket, i somehow saved Dick's suit, I'm honestly surprised Tim didn't have anything wrong with his clothes. How can they mess up clothes this bad?"

She fixed the cut in Jason's jacket while talking. Hands moving skillfully, used to the motion just like when Damian draws his katana.

He looks around, still listening to her talking, but his eyes taking in the organized chaos.

And he felt something inside him warm in a way he never before had experienced.

This is where his Angel thrives.

Glowing and happy she tells him about the different things she's done for her clients. One of them being Jagged Stone.

"He says I'm his honorary niece. It makes me happy. I don't exactly have many nice adults around and he's always nice to me." Marinette wasn't really thinking about what she was telling him. It was just nice to talk with people.

Damian had moved so as she put down the jacket he could give her a shy hug from behind.

For some time they sat in a comfortable silence.

"You still have questions?"

He shook his head. "They can wait." With the calm atmosphere, Damian doesn't feel like pushing it.

**********************************************************

Bruce looked up as Alfred entered his study.

"Miss Marinette has finished your suit, master Bruce." He handed it to Bruce who looked it over.

"It's as if it's new."

Not a trace of Two-Face's attack.

"You can use it at the upcoming gala. You are announcing it to miss Marinette's class soon, aren't you?" Alfred left Bruce to admire the handiwork.

At least until- "Bruceeeee, why does Damian keep secreeeeeets?" Dick dramatically flung himself over the couch in a very Dick-like fashion.

"Everyone is entitled to secrets Dick."

"The little shit's new girlfriend is MDC, B. MDC! And he kept it from us!" Jason pouted as he leaned in the doorway. "I'm gonna kick his ass." He grumbled.

Bruce sighed. His sons could be very dramatic when they want to.

"BRUCE!" Tim burst into the room, disheveled clothes. "Marinette is MDC!"

Don't get him wrong, Bruce loves his kids. But sometimes he wonders if the drama following is punishment for whatever he'd done in a past life.

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)