Chapter 44 Poor little Jay-bird

Third pov

School went by as normal and every day was ticking closer to the gala.

Thanks to many over nighters, specifically nightmare induced nights, Marinette finished her dress. Her favorite creation yet, and one she's definitely looking forward to showing up.

Now however she's trying to convince Bruce Wayne to let her go to a cafe with Harley and Ivy.

"I'll be fine. I know english well enough to speak for myself, I have a good grasp on the less shady parts of Gotham and I have all of your phone numbers in my phone due to Dick's insistence. I'll be fine. Besides, I know how to defend myself." Marinette argued.

Bruce looked like he was starting to regret his own existence. "I understand that you know self defense but this is Gotham and you're asking me to let you go to a cafe, alone, with two of Gotham's villains."

"Ivy isn't much of a villain anymore and neither is Harley. Something I know you know too. And I get that you're responsible for my well being but I've already had Riddler trying to drown me and Dami and I had Scarecrow blasting my face with fear toxin before I beat his face in." She sighed. "Ivy and Harley are nice. And they like me for some damn reason and I'd like to meet them."

Bruce was quiet as he mulled it over. Something in him knowing that if he didn't say yes she'd go anyways. She reminds him too much of Jason...

He let out a long suffering sigh. Why didn't anyone tell him to stay the lone bachelor?

He never expected kids to be this difficult. Well, at least his sons aren't trying to kill each other anymore. If he could only get Dick to stop swinging in the chandelier......

"Fine. But one of us will pick you up at a specific time and for gods sake be careful."

Marinette's face broke into a gigantic smile as she gave him a quick hug. "Thankyouthankyouthankyou."

And with that she dashed of to change before leaving to the cafe.

Bruce just groaned and pushed his fingers through his hair.

Then he heard a crash.

"DAD!"

Where is a perfect distraction when you need it?

********************************************************

Marinette waved happily to the two women as she approached.

"Hi!"

Ivy was calm.

Harley however was practically bouncing on her feet. "Heya, gumdrop!"

Marinette held back the urge to laugh as she thought about how the proposal of meeting at a cafe even came up.

Flashback

School had just ended and students were leaving.

Marinette and Damian walked together towards the car were Alfred was waiting.

"Sugar! There you are." Harley happily came up and pulled her into a hug.

Marinette smiled, hugging back as students around them stared.

The Gotham born kids in confusion. The rogues did attack schools but some of them usually never went near them. Harley being one of those, and seeing her come up and drag the new girl that Wayne's in love with for a hug. That's weird. Though some of them aren't too surprised. The new girl is nice to everyone.

The french class however is split between fear, distrust, disgust and awe.

"How does Marinette know a villain?" Alya asked quietly as she looked at her former best friend. A small hope for an interview blossomed in her chest. But she squished it as she reminded herself that Marinette is a bully and she refuses to be friends with a bully.