Chapter 57 Superman and Black Canary

Third pov

Clark was sweating after having been stared down by Marinette Dupain-Cheng.

Lois, however, she was loving this.

Jon and Connor had told them about their respective best friends new sister/girlfriend, and she'd heard about her from Nadja Chamak, her reporter friend in Paris.

Manon is a big fan just like her mother.

"It was nice to meet you Marinette."

Marinette shook her hand. "It was nice to meet you too. I hope you have a safe trip home."

Lois smiled. "I'm sure we will. You take care of yourself, alright?"

"I will."

Lois doubted it, but doubted she'd get another answer.

The family said goodbye.

"Clark?"

Her husband looked at her. "Yes?"

"I hope you guys are watching out for her and her team. I doubt she needs someone barging in and taking over, but knowing they have back up might make her look less like she has the world on her shoulders."

Lois wouldn't lie.

The look in Marinette's eyes....

It worried her.

************************************************************

After meeting the Kent family Marinette found herself sitting with her phone in hand.

She typed the text she wanted to send several times before settling on one.

Hi Juleka.

Thank you for apologizing. It means a lot to me after everything.

I'm coming back to Paris soon and I'd like to take you up on the offer to talk about things.

Sincerely Marinette

She sent it and felt like some of the weight on her shoulders had lessened.

Time skip

Marinette put things away in the sewing room.

She'd started a few hours earlier and by now it was well into the others patrol.

Over all she felt, healthy. Not great by any stretch of imagination, but healthy. The bone tired feeling she usually carried had actually lessened somewhat since she came to Gotham.

(Even if she nearly got killed by a psycho clown.)

Plagg had asked if she thought she might benefit from therapy after what happened with Joker. Marinette had shrugged. There's quite the shortage of superhero therapists.

Besides, she doesn't feel like she's ready for therapy.

She knows that eventually she's going to have to talk to someone about, well, everything, but right now, she just isn't ready.

"Miss Marinette?" Alfred politely knocked on the already open door.

The teen turned her head to look at him. "Yes?"

"There is someone here that would like to meet you."

************************************************************

Dinah had opted to wait in the kitchen while Oliver went down to the cave to talk with Batman.

"Hi." The teenager that Dinah had asked to talk to stepped into the room.

Marinette Dupain-Cheng had been the topic of many conversations between her colleagues. Good and bad.

But no matter what Wonder Woman always spoke for Ladybug. She seemed to have utter faith in the teen.

Dinah herself had been more concerned with her mental state.

"Hi." She smiled and nodded in thanks to Alfred.

Marinette took a seat by the table. "Alfred said you wanted to talk to me."

Dinah nodded. "Yes. My name is Dinah, you might know me as Black Canary. Bruce has been talking a lot about you and I wanted to meet you."

The teen looks tired, but there's still some curiosity in her. "He's been talking about me, huh?"

"Only good things. The Wayne's care quite a lot about you." Dinah said.

"I know. They've shown that these last few months." Marinette smiled slightly.

******************************************************************

Marinette liked the air Dinah gave off. It was light and understanding.

"I can't imagine that the last few months have been easy on you."

The blackhaired girl snorted. "Are you thinking about Scarecrow or Joker trying to kill me?"

Dinah shrugged. "All of it."

"Everything turned out alright in the end, so I don't have much to complain about." Marinette answered as she stood up to get a glass of water.

She doesn't want to see whatever look crosses the older woman's face.

"It's still trauma, you're allowed to be upset about it." There's not pity in Dinah's voice, not really, at least not the kind that talks down to others. But she still sounds sad for her.

"I don't have time to be upset about it. Especially not since I'm going back to Paris next week." She turned back to face her. "I know it's not healthy, believe me, but as soon as I'm back in Paris, being upset will be a luxury i don't have."

Dinah sighs. "I understand. But just in case," She handed her a small card. "If you want someone to talk to."

Marinette was about to answer when a gaggle of batlings (Jason's nickname for Bruce's kids), Batman and Green Arrow entered the kitchen.

Green Arrow greeted her. "Hello there! You must be Marinette, my name is Oliver."

Marinette shook his hand, her other hand slipping the card she got from Dinah into her pocket. "It's nice to meet you too."

In the corner of her eye she could still see Dinah looking at her.

Marinette will soon be coming back to Paris, i promise!

Anything you guys would like to see? A specific charachter/characters or something?

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)