Chapter 28 Truth in their souls

Third pov Flashback

The blood in her veins turn cold as the akumas claws sliced through Ryuko like a knife through butter.

The wet, squelching sound that came with her falling and hitting the ground made her feel sick.

But she can't stop now. Ladybug needs her help
And now they're two people down.

Chat Noir had broken both legs earlier.

They had to hide him.

"Honey Bee, I need you to paralyze him so i can get close enough to snap the necklace." Ladybug ordered.

"On it!"

Honey Bee attacked, just barely managing to use her spinning top to paralyze him as a claw went through her stomach.

It burns, it burns and throbs and she feels blood rush from her face as she, just like Ryuko falls.

She doesn't really know how much time passes but she feels her body stitching itself back together. It's quite an unpleasant feeling that makes her shiver.

"Bee, you with me?" Ladybug landed beside her with Ryuko in her arms.

Careful not to jostle the teen hero too much she put her down and sat beside them. For a while they were quiet, at least until Ryuko asked where the guys had gone.

"Viperion left to check on Chat. I told him I'd see to you two." Ladybug explained.

Honey Bee wigled her eyebrows. "Going to check on him?"

That had the other two laughing hysterically. It wasn't really a secret that it's hard to see just how far their relationship goes sometimes.

Honey Bee smiled. She loves them. Her team...

Flashback end

Chloe woke slowly, still knowing in her heart that she's up earlier than usual.

Her usual fiery attitude isn't really awake yet as she enteres the gigantic bathroom and prepares a bath.

She sat on the floor while she waited, head resting against the edge of the tub.

It reminded her a bit of her own room at her fathers hotel. The room filled with stuff to get her of her fathers back, designer clothes to appease her mother.

She wished her parents wanted her, that they'd give a damn about her, but something inside her is angry at them too.

Angry and hurt.

Because aren't parents supposed to love their kids?

The tub fills fast and she's happy to just let go and relax.

She'd need to check with Marinette later. A flashback isn't fun at all and in her case it doesn't really leave for a few days.

Then she needed to talk to Adrien and see how he's feeling.

And after that she had to call Kagami and Luka and check on them. Not knowing makes her uneasy.

**************************************************************

Adrien knew very well he was hogging the bathroom but in his defense, he needed to scrub Lila's hands off him.

His thoughts drifted to Luka and Kagami back home.

He missed them both, he and Kagami had decided they were better of as friends, instead she (and the girls) were rooting for him an Luka.

They'd probably squeal in delight if they knew they'd started dating.

Although they're taking things slow, they're just teens after all.

But still, with the lives they're living, the lives they're all living, Adrian is willing to accept all the love and warmth Luka is giving him, and he hopes he can do the same for the guitarist.

He hopes Marinette realizes that soon. She and Damian look good together.

****************************************************

Marinette woke with a big black dog covering half of her and a cat on the pillow beside her.

She couldn't help but smile.

"Angel?" Damian knocked at the door.

"Come in."

He entered. He looked put together despite the ill hidden questions in his eyes. "Alfred figured it would be best if you rest today. Reliving traumas isn't very good for anyone's mind."

Marinette thought about arguing. "Well, Idon't think I can say no to Alfred..."

They were quiet for a moment.

"I'm guessing you have questions?"

"They can wait until later." Damian stroked Titus head. "For now you should take Alfreds advice."

He hesitated. "I am still learning to act as others my age, growing up with my mother was a strict environment... I am not good at this."

He pressed a quick kiss to her forhead that had her blushing bright.

His ears were just as bright as her face. "Let's talk when I come back."

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)