Chapter 23 Riddler

Third pov

Marinette prayed that any of the bats would appear. Obviously Robin couldn't but the others have to have heard about this, right?

Riddler regarded them for a moment, deep in thought before a grin Marinette definitely did not like spread over his face. "I'm taking you with me."

She hadn't been prepared for the blow to the back of her head.

***********************************************************

Damian's eyes widened as Marinette was knocked out and slung over one of the goons shoulders.

He didn't have time to do anything as he too, was knocked out.

*****************************************************

Marinette hates liars with a passion. She always has.

Ironically enough she is the best liar she knows.

Which is why she's denied the existence of that small burning flame in the back of her mind. The one she pushes away, suppresses, because the anger, the hate and loathing. They're dangerous.

Now though, that flame has blossomed. Burning bright as ever as she glares at the screen with Riddlers stupid smiling face is grinning at her.

Damian was nowhere to be seen when she woke and this asshole wouldn't tell her where he is.

"Where is he?" She growls.

Adrien might be the cat but her growl is scarier.

"Now that is a secret. One you'll only find out if you survive this puzzle room. Let's see just how smart the newest Wayne is~"

The screen went black and she looked around.

They'd left her bag with her so Tikki was okay for now. The tiny godess hiding out in her bag gave an encouraging squeeze against her leg.

Good. One less thing to worry about.

Now. She needs to get out of here. Shouldn't be too hard... Almost like an escape room. Just with more.... Death....

She groaned. "Sometimes I hate my life."

*********************************************************

Tikki watched from the small opening in the bag as Marinette solved puzzle after puzzle. Her holder had quite an affinity for them but it was more of something she did when she was incredibly bored.

Marinette had a talent for seeing answers most wouldn't be able to see without some serious thinking. It helped her as team leader and now it's helping her solve a crazy mans deadly puzzle room.

"Ouch." Marinette mumbled and stuck her finger in her mouth. A stray wire had given her a small shock.

****************************************************

Damian was very much not happy in another puzzle room.

Riddler wouldn't tell him where he put Marinette and his family was taking an excruciatingly long time to find them.

"Damian? Is that you? Please be you, I'm really tired of Riddler popping up to glare whenever I avoid being electrocuted." His angel's face could be seen through a barbed fence further inside the room.

"It's me. Are you okay? Are you hurt?"

She smiled at him. "I'm mostly fine," She glared at the screen they could both see. "Other than a few minor electronic burns on my hands and a few on my arms."

Damian growled quietly. "Batman must be on his way. We just need to stay relatively safe until then."

"I'll be fine. I'll just continue with the puzzles in here. Be careful, okay?"

"I will."

And other than a few comments to each other they continued the ridiculous amount of puzzles Riddler had set up.

I'm sorry it's short. I'm going to give an update soon. There's a lot going on.

Anyways.

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)