Chapter 55 Month 2

Third pov

Damian and Marinette decided to give the date thing another try.

This time on manor grounds to avoid any super villains and possible repoters, nd just in case they go the one of the most secluded places on manor grounds so they can also avoid nosy brothers.

Titus laid his head on Marinette's lap as soon as they were sat on the picnic blanket.

Alfred the cat had followed them for a bit before deciding that he had better things to do. Plagg had just grumbled when Marinette asked what he was going to do. He was happy in his warm spot by the window.

"Are you comfortable angel?"

She smiled happily, feeling like nothing could put a damper on this. "I'm comfortable Dami. Sit down with me."

Damian let her pull him down beside her. He hesitated but ended up wrapping and arm around her and felt something hot climb up his neck when she rested her head on his shoulder.

"This is nice. No maniacs around." She half mumbled into his shoulder. Damian could feel warm breath against his neck.

"You still have to tell me if anything starts to hurt." He murmured.

She giggled. "I will. I promise."

Time skip

She falls.

The wood breaks and she falls, and falls and falls.

The cackling maniacal laughter follows her all the way down.

"You will lose."

Hawkmoth is peering down at her, Joker standing behind her with the crowbar raised.

"You will lose."

It's light outside when she wakes up bathing in her own sweat.

"You okay there, kitten?" Plagg is peering down at her from the headboard.

"I think so." She mumbles as she sits up.

Her hip is aching when she tries to stand up.

She falls back onto the bed as her hip just kinda, locks in place. "Ugh-."

Plagg got up and went over to her. "You need me to get someone?"

"No. But, if you could help me get the wheelchair that would be great." She tried to get up again on shaky legs and Plagg pushed the wheelchair close enough for her to grab it. "Thanks."

Plagg made sure she was sitting safely before laying down on the bed. Eyes and ears still on guard in case Marinette gets hurt.

Marinette rolled towards the bathroom.

The bathroom was gigantic and had both a bathtub and a shower, and mirror on the wall where she could see herself.

She turns on the hot water and lets it fill the tub while she undresses.

There's obviously physical reminders of her interaction with the clown a month ago. But up until now she hasn't let herself really look at them.

They're, for the lack if a better word, hideous.

She's still bruised pretty much all over, but at least most of them have gone from a purple and black-ish color to blue and green. One of the worst ones are by her ribs and cover most of her side. (Must have been from the fall, Marinette thinks.)

The bruises on her jaw have actually dissapeared for the most part.

Her foot has quite recently come out of the cast but it's looking decent at least.