Chapter 67 Nearing the end

Third pov

Felix remembered Adrien as a scrawny kid that couldn't speak up for himself even if he wanted to.

The other blond had gotten most of his spirit crushed before it had a chance to take form.

If Felix has to guess, then the only reason he didn't turn into a good looking zombie, was his mother. The woman had done an admirable job to keep her sons spirit up.

Then, Felix's aunt had died and Adrien ended up with his dad as the only "proper" supervision. And the man didn't even watch over his son himself, he let the assistant do it.

To be completely honest, Felix hadn't expected much when he met his cousin again. The boy would've been crushed under the weight of Gabriel's expectations.

But, he'd been surprised.

Adrien had apparently found a way to claw his way out of the inky darkness of his fathers shadow.

"I have to stay in the city."

"I know. Which is why we will need to tell mother everything. Preferably she should meet Marinette as well." Felix puts his cup of tea on the table. "I'll go get her, and something to eat." He pointedly looked at Adrien who, despite having muscles, looked like he hadn't been fed in a week.

Adrien just chuckled. "I'll wait here and text Marinette to see when she can meet with your mother."

***********************************************************

"One day, I'm going to purposely get lost in the Wayne Garden. The only shit I'll have to deal with there will be the fertilizer." Marinette muttered. She opened the door to her room and went down to look for her parents.

She found her dad in the kitchen. "Hey dad?"

"Yes sweetie? Are you hungry? The macaroons are just now done." Tom handed her a few without waiting for answers.

"Papa, Adrien's aunt is fighting for custody over him. She was wondering if you and maman can write down your experiences with Gabriel Agreste." Marinette was happily stuffing her mouth with the treats.

Tom stopped to look at his daughter. "Of course. Anything that can get Adrien out from that house. I don't understand how Gabriel Agreste could be seen as a good father." The man shook his head.

Marinette's phone rang and she excused herself and went back to her room.

"Hi Adrien. How's it going?"

"I've told Felix everything. We agreed to tell my aunt, think you could come over?" He asked, keeping it short.

She took a look at the time. "Yeah, i can come over. Can you ask Felix to send a car?"

"He heard you, and says he'll send one. See you soon."

"See you soon!"

Marinette put her phone in her pocket and looked around the room. She couldn't see Tikki's nest out in the open so she started looking around for it.

The tiny nest was hidden in an old shoebox under her desk.

"Hey Tikki? You gotta move to my bag now. We're going to see Adrien."

The tiny godess sleepily moved to her holders bag before the teen went down to tell her parents that she's going to see Felix.

***************************************************************************

Luka asked Juleka to come to his room as soon as she came home.

"This isn't going to be easy, but you need to know." Luka sighed. "Remember when i said i couldn't tell you why i was hurt?"