Chapter 27 Serious talking

Third pov

Tikki had taken place on the table once again. She was doing this out of Marinette's knowledge but it needed to be done.

The current team is walking the edge of a cliff, even if they don't see it. And if they fall hitting the ground will hurt.

"Alfred knew about us already, and since he is one of Duusuu's chicks. We talked before Marinette joined us." She happily munched on yet another cookie from Alfred. The last few days had been hard and after Riddler she was hungry. "I'm doing this without Marinette knowing just so you know."

"Wait. Can we just take a few steps back here?" Jason was gesturing with his hands as he talked. "Who are you, who is Duusuu and how do you know Alfred?"

"Miss Tikki here is what gives miss Marinette's ladybug earrings power. And as for who Duusuu is... He was the god inhabiting the peacock miracoulus I used during the war." Alfred answered calmly, and, once again, everyone except Tikki and Alfred was staring.

"You've used a miraculous? Why didn't you tell us?" Bruce would forever deny pouting. But that's what he did.

"It was not a tale for me to tell. He was my dearest friend but the knowledge of their existence needed to be kept minimal. Otherwise the risk of people like Hawkmoth wanting to get them into their possession would be to great." Alfred explained.

"Okay, let's see, you're doing this without Marinette's knowledge, why? What do you get out of it?" Tim asked sipping on something that looked suspiciously like coffee.

Tikki sighed. "Until now the very first Ladybug was the strongest one to exist. Her name was Mei, she was twelve when she became my holder." Something tired came over the tiny godess. "She held me for seven years before the pressure around her became too much."

"The last battle she met someone that used her insecurities against her. Dug deep into her heart and pulled everything, every hurt, everyone pressuring her, every expectation. He crushed her from the inside. But she fought and she won."

Tikki hesitated as the grief of loosing her first bug flared its flame again. "After that she wasn't the same. The mental attack frayed every last nerve she had and," She swallowed. "Mei took her own life."

The kitchen was quiet for a few minutes as everyone digested what they'd been told.

"So, that is what might happen to Marinette?" Damian's expression was carefully blank but his tone sounded very much like he wasn't happy about those news.

"All of us have different stories of our very first holders. I know a bit abouth Plagg, the black cat's, first holder because he told me. For example, his first holder and the first bee holder were siblings. Twins that died together." Tikki shook her head sadly. "I don't know much more than that. Talking about it is...."

"Painful." Dick finished for her and Tikki nodded.

"So what you mean is that these kids are walking on a thin ledge, basically." Bruce said.

"It's not the whole picture, but yes. They're not in the best place right now." She looked straight at Bruce. "I'm assuming you've experienced it, but being a hero doesn't come without a very dark place in your mind."

Bruce nodded. He knew that well. All of them knew that. "What do you suggest we do?"

"They are teenagers, but I want you to keep in mind, they might have been given their powers in a spur of the moment decision, but they've earned their right to keep them." Tikki told him, her precense in the room seeming suffocating at the moment.

It retreated after a few seconds but it left its impression on the people in the room.

"Is there anything else we should know about?" Jason asked.

Tikki nodded. "The longer you hold a miraculous the bigger is the chance that you gain traits from the animal in it."

"So like, someone with the cat ring starts hating the cold?" Tim asked, sipping on juice. (Alfred took the coffee)

"Exactly. And Marinette has the ladybug trait that she hates cold and funtions poorly in a cold environment unless she takes precautions to remain warm." Tikki explained.

Alfred looked at the time. "I believe it is time to go to bed. Thank you, Tikki, you have been most helpful."

The little godess smiled and left the room with vigilantes currently trying to come up with the best way to go about things.

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)