Chapter 48 Candy apples and feelings

Third pov

The tiny group of friends didn't stray far. They'd gotten the numbers to all the chaperones and had a check in time.

"Jason knows about us."

Adrien frowned and Chloe looked like she wanted to sink into the ground.

"I don't think he'll say anything. Besides who'd believe him other than the rest of the family..." Chloe muttered.

"Can he be trusted?" Adrien asked Marinette.

Something he shared with the rest of their team is the unwavering loyalty and trust for their leader. A leader they chose themselves and that they love very much.

If Marinette says they can trust him then Adrien will believe her.

The darkhaired teen thought about it. "I think so... I told him I know who he is too and he didn't react badly..."

While they were thinking it over someone approached them.

Nino.

He looked so nervous that Marinette and Adrien both feared he'd pass out. "Hi dudes... I, uh, I, can I hang out with you guys?"

Marinette can see that Adrien wants to say yes, but he's still hesitating. Probably because they're still dealing with the fallout of Adrien standing up for himself.

Marinette herself is weary, she wants to say yes but isn't interested in being a pushover. Doesn't want to forgive too quick. Not someone that should've had her back.

Chloe has never been Nino's friend. But she cares for her other friends, wants them to be happy.

And that's why she extends the olive branch that they're nervous about. "Sure. We're planning on going on a few rollercoasters."

And Nino, he just, lights up. Like a weight has been lifted from his shoulder. And none of them can feel like they regret saying yes.

Third pov

Three rollercoasters later and Chloe was grumbling about her hair. "Ridiculous, utterly ridiculous...."

Marinette laughed. "Come on, it's not that bad. Here, let me fix it for you."

She braided the blondes hair and finished it with one of her own hair ties.

"Thanks."

She smiled. "You're welcome. Now, let's get some food. Race ya to the burger stand."

And with that she set off, her friends following after her.

Their laughter blending in with other happy kids and teens around them.

******************************************************************

When Damian arrived at the Amusement Mile he found his brother first. Dick had ruffled his hair and told him that his girlfriend and her friends were currently trying to eat candy apples. Keyword trying.

When he reached them he understood what he'd meant.

Three out of four teens hadn't even been able to bite through the sugar candy.

His angel were just happily munching away on hers.

"Dudette, how can you bite in that? I feel like my teeth are going to break!" Lahiffe rubbed his jaw.

"I have strong teeth." Marinette's face lit up as she saw Damien approaching. "Dami! How did school go?"

Damien let a rare smile grace his face. "It went well. Have you had fun here?"