Chapter 8 Akumas and pain

Third pov

Tim sat in the batcave as he pulled up anything he could from Paris during the last six years. But the only thing he could find was something called the "Ladyblog". And that seemed questionable at best

One video however, caught his attention and he felt his stomach sink.

It started with Alya Cesair, pale and shaking but still trying to smile as she told them of the latest akuma, Syren.

Then the view shifts to the two heroes a fair distance away. But at the bottom of the screen, blurred out, is bodies floating in the water.

So many bodies.

Hundreds.

When it ends Tim takes a moment to think about what he's gathered so far.

It started with Ladybug and Chat Noir. The original heroes, although Ladybug is the leader.

Then there was Rena Rogue, Carapace and Queen Bee AKA Chloe, the blonde teen from earlier. None of them have been seen in almost four years.

Then came a new bee hero called Honey Bee. A snake like Hero called Viperion and a dragon hero called Ryuko. All of them still working in the team, and there is no way any of them are adults. No way in hell.

Then there was the villain Hawkmoth.

From Tim's understanding he uses butterflies to "akumatise" people feeling negative emotions, which turns them into monsters that the teens have to fight against.

Tim sighed.

"Hey Timmy, got anything?" Dick asked as he came down the stairs.

"Yeah, and it isn't pretty. We gotta tell Bruce."

Dick looked at the screen where the video of Syren was paused. He nodded. "We'll call them."

***************************************************************

Damian frowned as the whole family gathered in the cave. Even Jason. "What are we here for?"

"Excellent question, Dami." Dick started. "During the tour with the french school class Tim and i were made aware of a magic terrorist having terrorized Paris for almost five years now."

Jason gave him an incredulous look. "How the fuck would that be possible without us hearing about it?"

"I agree with Todd. How could something like that go on without us or the League knowing about it?"

Dick and Tim shared a look. "Let us lay out for you what we've found."

"It seems to have started almost five years ago, purple butterflies that turned people into monsters. Then there appeared two heroes." Tim pulled up close ups on Ladybug and Chat Noir.

"Ladybug and Chat Noir. Judging by what I've found Ladybug is the leader."

"Wait, wait, wait. They look like kids!" Jason looked very disturbed.

"We think so too, now they must be around Dami's age." Dick very obviously didn't like it either.

"There's been a few heroes coming and going over the years but they seem to have settled with a permanent team now. Ladybug."

A picture of a young girl with her hair in a french braid, a bodysuit in red with black spots and black patches on the underside of her arms, legs and around her neck and bright blue eyes with a jaded look to them.

One Damian knew he himself had.

"Chat Noir."

The picture showed a guy with wild blond hair, cat like green eyes and a black leather suit.

"Honey Bee."

A blonde girl with her hair in a ponytail, her suit were striped like a bee, except for her arms and boots which were black.

"Ryuko."

Ryuko's suit were in a quite bright shade of red with a black dragon wrapping around her torso and going down one leg.

"And Viperion."

Viperion's photo were blurry at best but they could see the snake-like appearance of his suit.

All pf them wearing masks, of course.

And judging by the pictures they had to be around his age or very young looking at least.

"I looked around this thing called the Ladyblog, it's filled with garbage but the videos of the fights seem legit. The first one to two years weren't too bad regarding the monsters, but that changed with an akuma called Syren." Tim explained.

Bruce hadn't said anything yet. He'd just been quietly looking at everything Tim had piled up. "Is there a video of Syren too, Tim?"

Tim nodded, but the look on his face told them it was anything but pleasant.

Dick started the video.

Just like Tim they picked up on the bodies floating in the water.

Once it was over Jason was the first to talk.

"How- how the fuck didn't we know about this?"

"We don't know, but personally, i say we need to contact them. And there might be a way for us to do that." Tim mused.

Bruce looked at his son. "How?"

"One of the former heroes are in the french class." He hesitated.

"What is it?"

"She's apparently a close friend to Marinette Dupain-Cheng. And there's something she's hiding."

Bruce saw the look in both Tim and Dick's eyes. "Explain."

Divk sighed as he recalled the events of that day. "They have something called an akuma alert on their phones, when it started Marinette asked for the bathroom. While she was away Chloe Bourgeois explained akumas to us and let us watch a live feed of the fight from her phone. During the battle Ladybug took a heavy hit to her ribs, enough to break them but apparently a power she has called Lucky charm heals the damage."

Jason interrupted. "What does this have to do with a teen girl?"

"She came back first after the fight was over looking like she was in pain. Well hidden pain, but still pain. And she carried herself like she'd broken her ribs. Chloe kept close to her during the rest of the day. It looked like they had procedures for it." Dick answered.

The bats looked at each other.

Damian was the one to voice the suspicion his older brothers had. "You believe Marinette Dupain-Cheng is Ladybug."

************************************************

The pain of her broken ribs receded around eleven that night and Marinette could finally go to sleep.
Something she felt like she needed since they were going to the garden the next day.

"You okay?" Chloe looked over at her.

"I think so. Where's Tikki, Kaalki and Pollen?"

"They're sleeping. You should too."

Marinette smiled. She knew Chloe would go to bed as soon as she knew she was asleep. So she did just that.

Anything you'd like to see in the next chapter?

Did i have them start guessing her identity too fast??

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)