Chapter 7 suspicion

Third pov

Dick and Tim were both alarmed as Chloe explained what an akuma is and that they've been terrorizing Paris for almost five years.

It sounded too weird to be true but the live feed of the battle was very much real.

The brothers shared a look.

They had to look this up later, and tell B.

This shit just couldn't be normal and the heroes fighting the "akumas" looked like kids. It made them uneasy, especially when Chloe quietly told them that "No, there aren't any others helping. There's just five of them.".

The blonde looked behind them and Tim followed her eyes.

Marinette had come back from the bathroom, but something was obviously wrong.

Dick could see that too, even though the girl had an almost perfect mask. Growing up in a vigilante family taught you a lot of things and one thing the can say for sure is that the girl is in pain.

Well hidden pain, but still in pain.

Chloe was quick to get the girl to sit down, mumbling something to her.

Marinette shook her head and just sipped on the water the blonde gave her.

Something was definitely not right here and they needed to find out what.
*****************************************************

Marinette felt the pain and oh did it hurt. It was a damn miracle that she hadn't started crying on the way back to Chloe.

However, despite the pain she felt she couldn't miss the looks Mr Grayson and Tim gave her.

She decided to file them away to when she could breathe without feeling like her chest and ribs has been crushed.

Chloe would just need to help her.

She sipped slowly on the water Chloe gave her but put it down when her stomach protested.
Well, at least she had some of her sandwich earlier.

Chloe carefully patted her back to tell her she'd have her back if anything happened.Marinette appreciated it more than she could express.

After a few minutes Mr Grayson stood up. "Alright everyone, it's time to continue the tour. If you all follow me."

As they went through the rest of the tour she ignored the jabs and increasingly loud bullying  and focused on breathing.

However everything came to a stop when Mr Grayson stopped and turned to them with a less than happy look.

"That's enough. I have been clear about the no bullying policy and you signed a contract before coming here. All day I have heard you." He pointed at Lila and her minions. "Harassing your class president and this stops now. If I hear as much as a peep from any of you I will start taking you off the list of teens allowed to go on coming trips while you're here."

Marinette was surprised. It felt so weird to have someone standing up for her other than Chloe.

Loud protests could be heard from the group.

"That's not fair!"
"You don't even know her, she's a bully!"

The glare Mr Grayson gave them was chilling and the teens quieted down.

Madame Bustier tried to intervene. "It really isn't that serious-"

"If you think bullying isn't serious then you've failed as a teacher. There will be people looking into this."

After that the last floor was fairly quiet and Marinette was more than happy to go back to the hotel.

As soon as she, Chloe and Adrien were inside the girls room they helped Marinette lay on her bed.

The only thing she could do to escape the pain was to wait.

She remembered the time Adriens femur had been crushed and they lied to Gabriel Agreste so Adrien could rest at Chloe's.

He'd been in so much pain that he was crying and the group had stayed with him for the 13 hours it took before the pain slowly receded.

She'd been so angry back then. So incredibly angry for what Hawkmoth had done.

It was a miracle that an akuma hadn't come for her.

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)