Chapter 51 Fallout

Third pov

The fallout from Jokers latest attack was met with a lot of hysteria. Both from media and citizens.

They'd all watched Marinette Dupain-Cheng take on the joker while looking like she had one foot in the grave.

Add to that the pissed off hospital staff kicking reporters out of the building where both Marinette and Joker were in surgery.

Apparently the teen had managed to severely harm the sciatic nerv and sever something else in there. They still can't tell him if the Joker will actually be able to walk again or if he'll be confined to a wheelchair.

Personally Jim feels like it would be better if he was, just like Barbara.

Jim sighed. He needed to call her and see how she's holding up.

"Get some rest Jim." Harvey Bullock came walking with a coffee in hand. "It's been six hours since we got them out."

He was right, Jim knows that. He'd already been awake for ten hours when everything started, it took them six hours to find where Joker was hiding this time and another six hours of waiting on new and dealing with some of the aftermath.

"Girlie's strong. I've never seen anyone meet the Joker head on like that."

Jim raised an eyebrow.

Bullock sipped his coffee. "Oh come on Jim. I've talked to the three survivors. A woman and two kids. Apparently Joker was getting to close to where two of them were hiding. That's why she left her hiding spot. This gal has already met more than one of Gotham's rogues. She knew what she was doing."

Jim isn't entirely sure about that... But at the same time, the videos he'd seen on the Parisian blog.

Maybe there's something here he can't see.

In amy case, Marinette Dupain-Cheng is now known by all of Gotham.

***************************************************************

Selina Kyle had, like the majority of Gotham's rogues, been at the Iceberg Lounge when the screens all around switched to show Jokers latest stunt.

They'd all watched as the teen that beat up Scarecrow stabbed the joker.

Selina frowned. She knew Bruce had taken the girl in while they're here, which already puts a spotlight on her.

The problem now is that Gotham's underworld also has a spootlight on her.

She finished her drink before slipping out.

******************************************************************

Tim stepped into the clocktower. "Babs, you here?"

"Yeah." Barbara looked over at him from where she was stitting. "Any news?"

"Marinette is out of surgery. Serious bruising on the left part of her face, a fractured jaw, three broken ribs and two cracked ones, her back has some serious bruises and wounds that will probably scar, her right foot was broken and her left hip needed to be re-set." Tim sighed. "Damian has a pretty bad concussion and a mild case of hypothermia. They're sharing a room."

She nodded. "I'm glad Jason got there in time."

"So am I."

They were quiet as the tv in the room played the moment when Marinette had stabbed Joker.

"They don't think he'll be walking again."

Barbara didn't look at him but he could see her jaw clench. "Good."