Chapter 35 Adrien and Nino

Third pov

Nino wondered how it had come down to this. No. That's not true.

All of this. Everything happening, is because he's been a shitty friend.

He could see that Marinette was hurting from the class treating her badly.

He knew, damn it, he knew Lila made Adrien uncomfortable.

But he didn't say anything.

And when he talked to Alya she shot him down.

He groaned. Alya was another big problem.

Their relationship is barely a relationship, and he wants out. He wants to be himself again. Without Alya nagging and screaming and berating him for not doing what she wants.

He wants his old friends back.

Marinette and Adrien.

But Adrien made his stance clear earlier. Nino couldn't help laughing at the memory.

Flashback

Adrien stood with Chloe as the teens hung out in the hotel.

Nino himself was pushed into a third wheel as Alya and Lila was talking.

"Why is Adrien with her?" Alya sneered.

"Marinette and Chloe's been lying to him, they said i stole a dress from Marinette and now Adrien's been ignoring me." And the beginning of the waterworks.

Alya frowned. "Don't worry. I'll make him see sense."

Nino didn't have the time to stop her before she was marching up to Chloe and Adrien.

He sighed and went after her. "Alya, wait!"

She ignored him and instead choose to scream at the teen model.

Nino expected to see Adrien cower, go back to Lila, anything other than what he actually did.

He glared at Alya and snapped his fingers in her face to quiet her.

"You done? Because I'm done listening to you and your oh so perfect Lila." The sarcasm had everyone listening in wincing. They'd never heard him sound so cold. "No. I haven't talked to Marinette after she and Damian Wayne, the guy Lila is not dating, were kidnapped by a villain. You know why? Because they're taking it easy with his family because being kidnapped can take one hell of a toll on your mental health."

Alya opened her mouth to presumably start yelling again. Adrien glared at her. A clear back off.

"And Chloe hasn't said a damn thing about a dress either. But I'm not surprised you'll still take anything Lila throws at you. You're already a tabloid writer in the making."

Gasps were heard and the class was watching with wide eyes.

Alya gaped, eyes wide and an insulted look on her face.

Adrien didn't care. He was finally saying everything he'd wanted to say for so long. And he'd say it all.

"Have you ever checked facts? Like, I'm not sure you know how to anymore. I mean, when have you ever checked anything Lila says?" He looked around, making sure to make eye contact with everyone in the class. "Have any of you been thinking for yourselves at all? You're like brain dead zombies. It's Lila said this and Lila said that."

"But you like Lila!" Rose protested.

Adrien laughed. It wasn't a nice laugh. "I've never liked her. She's a liar and a fake. And why the hell would i like someone sexually harassing me at every damn turn?! Honestly, how dare you people call yourselves my friends and still encourage her practically humping my arm and touching me when I've made it clear i don't want her too. There's something deeply wrong with all of you and there's no fucking wonder the rest of the school calls us the akuma class when it's filled with pretty much nothing but self centered entiteld assholes!"

He'd screamed the last part, with Chloe trying to calm him down.

He left, storming to another part of the hotel with his childhood friend following.

Nino looked around at his classmates, half had unsure and ashamed looks, the other half looked like they couldn't believe someone actually called them out for being shitty people.

Lila looked a mix of shocked and angry.

Nino. He slipped into another part of the hotel, not wanting to deal with the hotel staff and Madame Bustier trying to calm everyone down.

End flashback

Yeah, the blond made his stance clear.

And he got to say his piece.

Nino felt a bit jealous. He wished he had the courage to do the same thing.

But he couldn't. He wasn't strong enough. Had never been good with words and always shot down.

But... No time to start like the present. And maybe, maybe if he did this, he can have his friends back.

Vote and comment, it keeps me motivated :)