Chapter 49: The Will

Your POV

Mard Geer: "Why do you continue to fight?" He asks as he dodges another punch. Damnit, I know something's wrong now, with my second origin released I shouldn't be running this low on magical energy.

You: "Because, how else am I going to stop you? You are beyond reason; words alone cannot reach you anymore. So, violence is the only option." He gives me that cocky smirk again.

Mard Geer: "So, you're telling me, after everything I've done, you'd still try to reason with me?" I laugh under my breath.

You: "No." He cocks his head, and raises a brow.

Mard Geer: "Really?"

You: "You, you allowed Erza to be hurt, even tortured... For that, none of you will survive." He laughs, still standing over there all proper.

Mard Geer: "I allowed it? No, I think you allowed it. I'm sure you've promised her you'd protect her over and over, only to fail every time in the end, and you may have been able to take down some of my underlings. But I'm a different story, and you are as well. You're running on fumes Dragon God. How much do you have left?" W-was he right...? W-was I the reason... She got hurt? "Aw, now you see it the way I do, always blaming your enemies for hurting your friends. Maybe if you were stronger, they would never have gotten hurt. We're your enemies, we're trying to hurt your friends, it's your job to stop us, is it not? So, if one of them gets hurt, or, even were to die, it'd be all your fault." No... H-he is right... I'm the reason they keep getting hurt, I-I'm still not strong enough to protect them... "You are not physically strong enough, your magic is not strong enough, but most of all, you are not mentally strong enough. You may be considered a God to most, but in the end, your mind is still that of a feeble human's."

Erza POV

Minerva: "I shouldn't have left Sting and Rogue to fight Mard Geer alone... They aren't strong enough."

Lector: "Don't count them out Milady, Sting and Rogue are two tough cookies!"

Frosch: "Tough cookies!"

Erza: "Don't forget."

Happy: "Forget what?"

Erza: "M/n is there as well, they'll be fine." I say, smiling softly at her. "M/n never loses."

Your POV

A-am I... Losing?

M-my body, i-its actions were delayed, and my magic felt weaker and weaker by the second.

Mard Geer: "Now I see it... Now I see why you're so weakened... You ingested Tempester's bane particles after you beat him, didn't you?" N-No Way! How?! How could I have been so careless!? That's what these feelings have been! "Face it, Dragon God, you lost your Dragon Force abilities some time ago, and you have yet to land a hit on me since. You've lost." As he says that, Sting and Rogue land behind me.

Sting: "Demon's gone, now it's just this guy."

Rogue: "You don't look too good M/n."

Sting: "Yea, you look pale, and your eyes are dark."

Rogue: "Your wounds, they're still bleeding?" I look down, and sure enough, none of my recent wounds bleeding had even slowed down, much less stopped.

You: "Guys..." I say, needing to take a deep breath between basically every word. "I... need your... help..."

Mard Geer: "If even you couldn't land a hit on me, what chance do these pathetic fools have?"

You: "You underestimate us Dragon Slayers, Underworld King." The 2 attack, but they couldn't land a single hit 2 on 1, and, unlike with me, he was still able to hold that book with one arm. I manage to stand again, and charge up my Dragon God Slaying magic again. "Mard Geer!" I charge, and punch forward. "Heavenly Dragon God Fist!" I felt it hit, we had final- No way... He was standing there, the book tucked into his shirt, both his palms extended out, one behind the other... H-he had completely blocked my attack. And what's worse, is that my magic was gone, every time I used it, it just drained that much faster. And on top of all that, I felt Erza's power... And 2 Demons with her. "Sting... Rogue..." I say between breaths. "Can you guys handle this? Just hold him off if needed." The both look to me and smirk.